Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hall of Valor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
I just went to speak with the king of Grizzleheim and he told me to defeat Jotun in Nidavellir. I went to the dungeon and then I got to him. I could not believe what I saw. There were four monsters with the following health: 1,050, 8,000, 8,000, and worst of all 9,000. They almost have as much as Malistaire! Do you have to do this in order to finish Grizzleheim? If you do, can someone please explain to me what level they were, if they had help, stuff like that? Thank you in advance! Please help!

Nicholas, level 42 master diviner

Delver
May 04, 2009
Nick7312 on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
I just went to speak with the king of Grizzleheim and he told me to defeat Jotun in Nidavellir. I went to the dungeon and then I got to him. I could not believe what I saw. There were four monsters with the following health: 1,050, 8,000, 8,000, and worst of all 9,000. They almost have as much as Malistaire! Do you have to do this in order to finish Grizzleheim? If you do, can someone please explain to me what level they were, if they had help, stuff like that? Thank you in advance! Please help!

Nicholas, level 42 master diviner
I found it easier to do Nidavellir in three parts: Helgrind Warren, Winterdeep Warren, then the Hall of Valor. That way, I eliminated two of his brothers in the first two areas. So there was only Jotun and one of his helpers left. That made it much easier.

This link gives details on the three areas, and it has a good map for Winterdeep Warren that will help you avoid extra battles in that area. Don't forget to pick up the "book" in there too. Before you go "up the ramp" at the end to get Grettir, turn left and the book is in that area.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=137877&postcount=6

Also, the yardbird in in Helgrind Warren area, in the Storm Room. The map on the link above has a picture of the yardbird to help you find it.

Good Luck.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
The one with 9,000 is jotun, and the other two big ones with 8,000 are his brothers. This is how u fight jotun without doing the other two dungeons left and right from the hall of valor. Most people bring a full group and take a stab at all 3 of them, but others take the time to do the other two. If you do the other two (helgrind warren and winterdeep warren) you will only have to fight jotun by himself with his minion. I recommend getting at least 3 people whichever way you choose to do it. Good luck!!!!!

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
Thank you! I didn't know you could eliminate Jotun's brothers. It really helped!