Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is Wysteria?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
What is wysteria supposed to be? Like how Zafaria is Africa, Krokotopia is Egypt, MooShu is China, Marleybone is England etc.

Historian
May 06, 2009
plant620 on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
What is wysteria supposed to be? Like how Zafaria is Africa, Krokotopia is Egypt, MooShu is China, Marleybone is England etc.
Wysteria's theme appears to be Spanish architecture and influence, mixed with English accents and fashion-designs. If you're asking what country it represents, I can't tell you. Most worlds aren't really representing a country, more so taking blends of different elements under one main theme. For example, MooShu is overall asian themed with elements from Japan and China. Polaris is overall an icy world with French and Russian inspirations. See what I mean?

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
Wysteria's theme appears to be Spanish architecture and influence, mixed with English accents and fashion-designs. If you're asking what country it represents, I can't tell you. Most worlds aren't really representing a country, more so taking blends of different elements under one main theme. For example, MooShu is overall asian themed with elements from Japan and China. Polaris is overall an icy world with French and Russian inspirations. See what I mean?
Ok, thank you.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Wysteria always reminded me of Florida or East Texas. Spanish colonial architecture in danger of being overwhelmed by rampant vegetation.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I never actually wondered what Wysteria was influenced by, I always thought of it as trying to be a "better" Ravenwood. Now that I have read the replies it does kind of remind me of Spanish architecture. Props for whoever can actually look at these places and place them on what they look like or where they look like.

Jordan Dragonshard lv. 78

Kelly Moonshard lv. 42

"I don't believe it."
"That is why you fail."
~Luke & Yoda in Dagobah~