Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Plothole?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 10, 2009
So, at the start of ZF Merle says, "beware Zafria for it is Morganthane's homeworld," but in Dun Dara, Aodh is all like, "This is where I grew up with my sister, Morganthane," and of course later on you find out (in Ghost Avalon) that Morganthane was Merle's assistant, before Ravenwood.

But where is Morganthne from?

As far as I can tell, she grew up in AV and then moved to ZF when she turned all evil.

Please don't tell me that I'm the only one who reads the dialogue.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I read the dialouge as well, And I noticed this (although I forgot until you mentioned it, but I remember now XD)
I think as a child, Morganthe grew up in Dun Dara with her brother, then maybe moved to ZF like you said.

Or maybe, since ZF was her homeland, maybe she stayed there as a child, and spent her teen years at Dun Dara

We don't know much about Morganthe, but I really wish we did

Historian
May 06, 2009
Haley MoonHeart on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
So, at the start of ZF Merle says, "beware Zafria for it is Morganthane's homeworld," but in Dun Dara, Aodh is all like, "This is where I grew up with my sister, Morganthane," and of course later on you find out (in Ghost Avalon) that Morganthane was Merle's assistant, before Ravenwood.

As far as I can tell, she grew up in AV and then moved to ZF when she turned all evil.

Of course not! I read the dialogue and consistantly go back to understand the story.

From what I gathered, Morganthe was born and raised in Avalon by a powerful family that was planning to betray King Artorius's rule. This explains why Sir Malory sabotaged Artorius's armour so he'd (King Artorius) be killed by the Unsung Knight and have the Unsung Knight (Sir Pike de Lago) imprisoned. Morganthe was an apprentice under Merle Ambrose while in Avalon. When Morganthe tries to learn the power of the "Forbiden Book", Ambrose questions whether he can trust Morganthe or not. After Malory's plan backfires, with Malory killed and Artorius wounded, Merle Ambrose sees it time to leave Avalon and start a new school. He allows Morganthe to come along with him, despite her betrayal. Based off what Morganthe says in Zafaria ("I was once like you, Ravenwood's most promising student), she joins Ambrose and was possible Ravenwood's first student.

At some point, there must have been a falling out between Merle Ambrose and Morganthe, possible the prophecy Morganthe brings up so much, and Morganthe leaves Ravenwood. She must have made refuge in Zafaria and harbored her Shadow Web Empire and enslaving the Zafarians. This then leads to the development of the Council of Light, but that leads to stuff beyond the question at hand.

So, in short, you are correct. Morganthe is truly originally from Avalon, but left to make a home in Zafaria (where she became the nefarious Umbra Queen.)

I hope that helps!

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
Haley MoonHeart on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:

she was born in Zafaria then moved to Avalon '
Justin Firethief level 78