Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thoughts on Winterbane?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 23, 2009
I would like to know your opinion... what do you think about Winterbane? I recently purchased the bundle mainly for Winterbane. I have gone through a couple of times and have only gotten pet snacks and reagents. I have only actually beat it once, on the easy one, and it glitched after the last boss, not giving me anything! In my opinion, the Pagoda is better because after each battle, you get more exciting items. I feel that without full completing Winterbane, you do not get anything that rewarding.

So, now you heard my thoughts, what do you think? Don't get me wrong, I still love the thing, but I am wondering, are there any people who think similarly to me?

-Hunter SpiritGem
-Hunter LifeFlame

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
I like my winterbane even though it means a huge headache.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Tyler Legendfriend on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
I like my winterbane even though it means a huge headache.
winterbane is meant mainly for cold fire dragon pet

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
matthew wyrmblade on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
winterbane is meant mainly for cold fire dragon pet
Wrong comepletly.Its meant to have fun and get some drops like I often get mega snacks.Like winterbane pagoda is also to have fun.The whole game is meant for fun.But KI's part is money.I have about $6000 but spend it on better use like for my family.Next comes entertainment and fun.Its like winterbane.For drops and pet snacks followed by cold fire dragon.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
I love Winterbane! I am hoping to get the pet drop from the last boss!

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Jasmine Wildblood on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
I love Winterbane! I am hoping to get the pet drop from the last boss!
The drops are epicly rare.My friend Blake AshStone has got it but good luck on it .

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
I have a question about Winterbane. Is this something that can be done over and over again? Can you have other players join you? Do you get xp out of it or just the drops? I have never bought a bundle before and I am wondering if it is worthwhile spending the money.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2010
taubategirl on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
I have a question about Winterbane. Is this something that can be done over and over again? Can you have other players join you? Do you get xp out of it or just the drops? I have never bought a bundle before and I am wondering if it is worthwhile spending the money.
Yes you can do it an infinite amount of times. You can bring up to 3 friends with you. You get a slight amount of xp I believe, I've played it a few times but never really payed attention to xp. Overall it's possibly the best bundle you can get in my opinion. You get the winterbane hall, polar bear pet that gives 7 pip wooly mammoth at baby, a full set of winterbane gear (you can choose how strong the gear is but the stronger you choose it to be the higher level you are required to be to wear it), thane's axe and shield (at least I think that's what it's called. Same customizable stats like the armor), a war boar mount which increases movement speed by 40%, and a one month free membership or 5,000 crowns.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Winterbane is fun, it has a better puzzle in the midgame than the tombstone one.

You actually can work together to make this go faster, but there's more chance for failure if you don't talk to your puzzle solvers.

Better cheats - the cheat bosses are more aggressive and have a wider range of cheats than "free vampire" and "free tower". Especially the "we're identical balance dorks but all our traps and blades stack with each other" balance dorks with Elexorien. And the thundersnow trolls - headscratching chicanery when they wind up for a storm spell, rip a tempest, but the tempest does ICE damage and uses ICE SPEAR. Really weird, frustrating, but fascinating cheatery going on in the last stage.

Slightly better and more varied drops.

Pagoda: Snacks, reagents, furniture items, throwaway pets, coupla good pieces of gear and a slightly better pet at the end.

Winterbane: Snacks, reagents, furniture items, RARE SEEDS, coupla throwaway pets, some gear at two of the four major bosses, GOOD pet at final boss.

I own and play the dickens out of my Pagoda but if I had the money to choose over again, I would probs pick Winterbane instead, because it's slightly more enriched in a buncha different ways. (I also loves my sentinel gear that came with Pagoda, would love to have this at lvl 80+, the stats and abilities are super flexible and it has not-bad block and resist.)

One major disappointment: if you have a wide range of levels going in, your low levels may not survive Tyrfing (Tier 5+) since he can usually OHKO a journeyman-magus on the first turn with cheaty boosted frog. I've seen him wipe half our team with 1800+ point frogs first turn going first. Compare with Pagoda where tier 5+ only matters when you face the samoorai and the last boss.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I think winterbane is awesome, even though i don't have it . It drops really cool pets, my friend got a red cap from winterbane.

-blaze ashblood

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
I like my winterbane but it is really annoying when everyone wants to use it