Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are Side Quests.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2013
I am now level 12 on my new wizard but i am confused if wether should i could complete side quests or not.
Please give me your advice.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's best to do side quests in the lower levels, as it can really help you through some tough battles and quests, and you want to make sure you are at an appropriate level before you hit certain worlds, like being at least Level 50 when you hit Celestia.

You can always choose which side quests to pick up. There are some I hate, so I don't worry about those, but do pick up ones that have a bit more XP and will do those at my leisure, instead of doing them right away.

Grizzleheim is a side world, but some of your future spells require you to go there. Just do the main quests in that world as there is not much XP there at all. Wintertusk is another side world, but I would recommend doing all quests there, as the XP is fantastic, and you will need to go there for future spells anyway.

It's all a matter of choice. My first wizard does all of the side quests, while my other wizards pick and choose which ones to pick up.

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
If you want to level up quicker, side quests are the way to go. Plus certain side quests when completed will give you training points for more spells to add to your deck.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Complete the side quests you've got. If you don't you may end up regretting it later. (Being underleveled is never fun, but being overleveled helps a lot.)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
biological cronicl... on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
If you want to level up quicker, side quests are the way to go. Plus certain side quests when completed will give you training points for more spells to add to your deck.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer
Actually the fastest way to level up is to focus on main quest, ignore side quests, and get through world's as fast as possible. This is because you get far more xp per quest as you progress farther through the spiral.

But... That assumes you are crazy awesome and win all your battles. If you find yourself getting defeated alot (which slows down your progression) then it's easier and faster to do side quests and level up. Game difficulty is significantly reduced if your wizard is even just a couple levels higher.

If it's your first wizard traveling the spiral then I recommend you take your time, enjoy the game, and don't get caught up in a big rush. Have fun playing the game.

Happy Wizarding!