Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trying to make a new wizard...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I'm going to try a new wizard, but this one is going to focus on pvp instead of questing, like my original wizard. I'm stuck on what school to make her. I'm thinking ice, life, or myth. Please tell me which one you think is best, and why!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Balance and ice are very good at PvP. They have good spells for it

Balance: Spiritual shield, elemtental shield, mana burn, weakness, the one with -45% of not fizzling, donate power

Ice has tower shield, and it can stun. It also has a huge health pool

I suggest an Ice with balance secondary

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
I would say balance. It gets a lot of great utility spells at high level, such as supernova and mana burn. Judgement does a lot of damage. Doom and gloom can be great to have, so that they don't just heal of your damage. Savage paw can be very good for damage, and then follow it up with another attack. People have beaten me a few times just by spamming supernova, mana burn, scorpion, savage paw, and doom and gloom. So I think that out of the schools you listed, balance is the best for high level pvp.

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
Balance is terrible at PvP; we cannot wand off weakness or break shields, and our only heals are over time. That said, people do like to spam Life dispels, which won't affect a balance wizard, for obvious reasons.

If you're looking to rank up, go with Ice or Life, maybe Myth (for earthquake, shatter, and piece). Fire is also a choice, since they have lots of DoTs.

-v.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Thanks everyone! I've narrowed it down between balance, ice, and myth.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
I say................................... LIFE because you can heal yourself a lot. but balance you can sheild yourself alot as well

so i say either or

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Personally, I think fire is awesome for PvP at low levels cause of heckhound and whatnot, but if you don't want fire, then myth is another good option.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I'd recommend Ice. Once you get Tower Shield you'll be protected from damage and it cuts down the max Judge strategy. Volcanic Shield protects you from the most powerful schools in the game. The trick with shields is to never shield too early.

There is a point I should make though. You don't get Iceblade until level 38. This means that at around level 20-25 (I think) you should train Elemental Blade. That isn't the only useful spell you get in Krok though. At some point you get Frostbite, which is damage over time. This is great for getting around shields.

I guess that sums up my thoughts on Ice PvP.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 90 Diviner
Alura Unicornglade, level 45 Thaumaturge

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Thanks everyone! I'm either going with life, fire, or ice... whichever I get next on the personality test.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Okay, I got life! So I guess I'm sticking with that one. Her name is Cheryl Willowsong, if anyone wants to friend her. Anyone have any tips for PvP with a life wizard?

Destiny Windgem, level 42

Cheryl Willowsong, level 1

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Destiny Windgem on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Okay, I got life! So I guess I'm sticking with that one. Her name is Cheryl Willowsong, if anyone wants to friend her. Anyone have any tips for PvP with a life wizard?

Destiny Windgem, level 42

Cheryl Willowsong, level 1
Any tips?

Life... I don't own one but I have a very close friend who is one. You are most about heals, until level 58+. I recommend a secondary school of fire or death, and carry some tc's (no it is not cheating or noob-like) so like sun spells, star spells, wild bolt, doom and gloom (if backup school is fire). Also have a high level close friend so you can farm Celestia bosses for tc's. go to the bazaar and find the best gear for your life. Also, while you are farming, look for some good pets like I think astreus drops the sea dragon. Start with practice, then ranked, then tourneys, and work your way up there. Also have good shields, and stack blades and traps. But, also quest a little because a level 1 life doesn't even have a chance against a level 90 warlord. Here is a good example of dangerous-
Tc bladestorm
Tc balancebalde
Tc dragonblade
Spirit trap (check out niles, the balance tree)
Tc spirit trap
Colossal
Tc spirit blade
Spirit blade (niles!)
Life blade
Tc life blade
That astral spell that increases your damage/vengeance (either will work
Tc life trap
Life trap (go to colossus Boulevard, then go near mindy pixie crown, then go into the circle with the building, enter the building)
Highest attack spell at moment=
BOOM!
Molly
"A wizard is a wizard, no matter how weak or strong"