Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Movie idea!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
Not to be a downer but I have a right to my own opinion.

Movies based off video games normally just aren't good. No matter how good the original idea is in the beginning.
Anyone remember the Super Mario Bro's Movie? No? Well there you go.

Games should stay Games. Movies should stay Movies.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
Saint Dynamicz on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:

Movies based off video games normally just aren't good. No matter how good the original idea is in the beginning.

When I first read what you were saying I thought you were wrong and that it could have a chance of being good. Then I thought of that weird Pac Man Tv show they made and I sort of started to agree lol

Anyways though, this kind of sounds like a good idea. I used to make a lot of movies from wizard101 and I even made a weekly web show of it lol. But I have to ask, would you have wanted this to be animated? Or would someone record people doing things from a desktop recorder?

Survivor
May 05, 2010
i got better characters and names for them.

Rebbeca IceGem
type: ice
personality: strict, kind, and brave

Ashley FireTalon
type: fire
personality: kind, generous, and serious

Dylan StormWalker
type: storm
personality: funny, impatient, and always exited

Noah SandBreeze
type: balance
personality: wise, patient, and careful of his surroundings

how do you like those?

Fred FireFlame, level 33

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
ColeRainbowHammer on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
When I first read what you were saying I thought you were wrong and that it could have a chance of being good. Then I thought of that weird Pac Man Tv show they made and I sort of started to agree lol

Anyways though, this kind of sounds like a good idea. I used to make a lot of movies from wizard101 and I even made a weekly web show of it lol. But I have to ask, would you have wanted this to be animated? Or would someone record people doing things from a desktop recorder?
It could be animated or just simply like how the game is right now, except a much more cinematic feel. Such as them actually moving their arms outside of duels.

Blake FireGem

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
the animation they use on the commercials for this game are amazing i say they should totally do it.It would be really proffitibile for them.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
ColeRainbowHammer on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:

Yeah that pac-man tv show is NOT like old-timey fun pac-man at all...

And we all want this to be a animated tv show/ movie.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Show the worlds as they were BEFORE the game and what happened to them to make them look the way they are in the game now. Sort of a prequel so to speak. Make it a one hour short story per world, with code giveaways during commercials and at the end to draw more people into the game. More like an extended commercial. Could follow the teachers as they take on their roles as the teachers of their schools of magic.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I think this would be awesome animated idea like the animations in the commercial. This could be spit into other movies too to make a serous as the chase Malister and other enemies around the spiral. You could also turn this into a book. After you call the company and if making a movies/book serious would be okay and they get some of the profits. I think this could work.

Matthew Dragonflame

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Laughing out loud, the fire wizards are like me ( Except strong. Unless you mean strong like not giving up.)
why do all of those wizards say my wizards life

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
My sister says they should make the movie based on the comics.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Aemort on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Love this idea! KingsIsle would make a lot of money. (as we all know they love, considering the prices of things in the crown shop)

As for people complaining about the schools, they could make new friends of other schools later on in the movie-tv show.
LOL I love the: "(as we all know they love, considering the prices of things in the crown shop)"

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

"If at first you don't succeed, buy crowns and get henchmen"

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
omg this idea is great! Kingsisle should really consider this. I also think that wizards from every school should be on the team, and each can have their own story. Maybe the death one could get captured by Malistaire or something, because Malistaire is recruiting exceptional death students. And the others have to rescue the death wizard. Or something like that. But this is a great idea!

Sarah Moonshade
Magus Conjurer

Summon legends, be a legend.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
sarahofmyth on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
omg this idea is great! Kingsisle should really consider this. I also think that wizards from every school should be on the team, and each can have their own story. Maybe the death one could get captured by Malistaire or something, because Malistaire is recruiting exceptional death students. And the others have to rescue the death wizard. Or something like that. But this is a great idea!

Sarah Moonshade
Magus Conjurer

Summon legends, be a legend.
Great idea! This is another idea kind of like yours, maybe they can first start out as one person as the team, and each world they befriend a new person to join the team. This idea could work considering there's seven worlds in the first arc. At the beginning of said world, or said movie (For those who suggested a movie per world) It could shine some light on the newcomer's backstory.

Blake Firegem

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!! But it not the commercial, it the game, that made me wanna write a book series about it XD. The movie is awesome idea, better than a book XD. Here is my character ideas(for movie):

Monica

Serious, creative

Lilly

Shy, kind

Dustin

Mysterious(because death is often mistaken to be bad), sensitive

Freddy(XD)

Crazy, fun

Isabella(sometimes called Belle or Bella)

Strong(not willing to give up), caring

Steve

Funny, wild

Bashia

A mix of everything

Survivor
Mar 07, 2013
Noobman 1 on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
I've seen the new w101 commercial which was amazing! It inspired me to make an idea for a movie. Perhaps something named.. Legends of the spiral. It includes four wizards; one fire, one balance, one life, and one storm. It would be based off of the storyline for the current game, except a little different to not cause spoilers.
It would also take place in early times (times we never knew of).

It would start off when they where kids, and Merle Ambrose would summon them and warn them a new danger has risen, and take the four young, soon to be wizards, to ravenwood in hopes they could save the spiral. Merle takes them to Unicorn Way so Diego can teach them how to duel. At first, they're weak, so Diego decides that they should do a sparring duel with two one each team ( & VS. & ). After the fight Diego have them do a real duel with lost souls. They struggle, but in the end, they do succeed. Eventually they battle their first "boss" named Lady Shadow . To make this most realistic in the movie, the name would appear along with health, etc. Then the novices go off to Firecat Ally, Triton Avenue, And Cyclops Lane. The rest of the story can be up to you guys! But I should probably Introduce the characters...

Samantha
Type: Fire
Personalities: Serious and focused

Andy
Type: Balance
Personalities: Relaxed and strategic

Jesse
Type: Life
Personalities: Supporting and polite

Talon
Type: Storm
Personalities: Crazy and occasionally funny

Now that we got our students, we need a name for the enemy... Shadow Lore!

As I said earlier you guys can take over the story and if we want this movie, the community will have to be majorly involved!

Blake FireGem
I agree that it would be cool and my sister and i have stated writing books called: the Adventures of the Spiral. But i think it would be better if there were a TV show instead. But containing one wizard from each class so they have all power and can do anything with friendship. NOT only would it be FUN but also EDUCATING for young children. Teaching them about friendship would be great and fun for the people who are older and watch it. And I'm sure other people would agree that it would be fun! I have many people who have seen the videos about that fun stuff, but I think it would be great if it were educational. SO yes Blake Firegem your idea is wonderful!!!!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Willowblossom

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
kspirtweaver1996 on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
what about ice and myth huh you going to leave them out if you do something like this you need all the schools not just some all

K.spiritweaver level 68
It's nothing against those schools, he probably just took the schools that wizards choose the most. Despite the popularity of myth and ice, I rarely see an Ice or Myth.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
A wizard101 movie would be cool, but would it be animated or real people? Also, prof. Falmea has asked us who we should cast for the roles. It would be so cool so have 1 movie for each world or something like that, with focusing on the characters and how they learn in Ravenwood and their classes and such.
Just my thoughts,
wizard101 movie hopeful,

Nicholas Legendbringer level 73

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Team yoloswag on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
A wizard101 movie would be cool, but would it be animated or real people? Also, prof. Falmea has asked us who we should cast for the roles. It would be so cool so have 1 movie for each world or something like that, with focusing on the characters and how they learn in Ravenwood and their classes and such.
Just my thoughts,
wizard101 movie hopeful,

Nicholas Legendbringer level 73
there are you tube videos with using wizard101 avatars btw did you mean potions by alchemy in your new school thread?

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Saint Dynamicz on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:

Uh I hate to burst your bubble but think of Pokemon. It has been a game, a show, and about 15 movies and hey, it is very common. And Beyblade too, and Bakugan (not sure how to spell) were games and shows also very common. Wizard101 should be a show and after each season (similar to Pokemon) there would be a movie.Also the only reason no one remebers the Super Mario Bros. Movie and shows is because the show along with all other DIC cartoons were canceled and the movie was a long time from now, probably 1985 (I'm not sure when it was made but it was in 1990 or 1980 or something). It doesn't mean Wizard101 would be a bad show or movie. Besides, think of all the money KI could get when the show and/or movie is done.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
wizard730x on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
I agree that it would be cool and my sister and i have stated writing books called: the Adventures of the Spiral. But i think it would be better if there were a TV show instead. But containing one wizard from each class so they have all power and can do anything with friendship. NOT only would it be FUN but also EDUCATING for young children. Teaching them about friendship would be great and fun for the people who are older and watch it. And I'm sure other people would agree that it would be fun! I have many people who have seen the videos about that fun stuff, but I think it would be great if it were educational. SO yes Blake Firegem your idea is wonderful!!!!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Willowblossom
Well when you mean educating about friendship, no offense but they have My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for that XD

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
If this happened, I would totally watch this, hopefully Kingsisle is reading this thread.
I know right? It would be cool!

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
dragon princess on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!! But it not the commercial, it the game, that made me wanna write a book series about it XD. The movie is awesome idea, better than a book XD. Here is my character ideas(for movie):

Monica

Serious, creative

Lilly

Shy, kind

Dustin

Mysterious(because death is often mistaken to be bad), sensitive

Freddy(XD)

Crazy, fun

Isabella(sometimes called Belle or Bella)

Strong(not willing to give up), caring

Steve

Funny, wild

Bashia

A mix of everything
Oops i made a goof. i meant basia not bashia

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Angus Myth, Wizard101 fan here. I have an idea for a TV Show! Angus Myth LVL 53 Talon LionRider LVL 3, brother of Fallon LionRider (my best friend) LVL 90

It is called, Wizard 101: Heroes of the Spiral, as Talon and Fallon are accepted into Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, they take a test to see their magical class. Both were balance. After meeting all their teachers, and learning their first few spells, they are given a mission, to clear out all the ghosts in Unicorn Way.

That's as similar to the game the story will get. I will add this and more in a post I will make.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
dragon princess on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
Oops i made a goof. i meant basia not bashia
well maybe the wizard personalities are judged by their school

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
tylerskybreeze on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Prepare for impact, Harry Potter!!!
I agree the new wizards are coming to town.

DylanSkullHunter level 31