Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

orthrus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
why won't the gates of despair in the labyrinth open for me when i try to open them? i need to get orthrus!

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
tristan thundersto... on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
why won't the gates of despair in the labyrinth open for me when i try to open them? i need to get orthrus!
You need to earn your way not only into the Labyrinth itself, but to go further in. Do the quests required and you will gain access

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
because you need to complete the entire dungeon again.

the labyrinth is the worst dungeon in-game~ after you complete it initially, you are required to go back at least twice afterward and must always repeat the entire thing (to whatever point it is you unlock the place you're supposed to) again.

-v.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
I understand. I still don't have my orthrus because I am not in the labyrinth.
Emma Emaraldsword lvl 48 conjurer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Laura Shadowsong on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
because you need to complete the entire dungeon again.

the labyrinth is the worst dungeon in-game~ after you complete it initially, you are required to go back at least twice afterward and must always repeat the entire thing (to whatever point it is you unlock the place you're supposed to) again.

-v.
Not necessarily. You are required to go back once, but don't have to complete the whole thing.
If you are running through the game too fast, yes, you'll have to go back again and again. If you reach the Labyrinth at level 48, you only have to do it once to complete the storyline quest and get your spell/pet at the same time.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Some times we are given school quests that involve areas we do not have access to yet.

With this dungeon you should get the pet quest then later on when you are in that area you get the required main line quest to complete it and do it then, this way it makes it a 2 fer.

Later when you have to complete the staff from Ashley you will be required to complete part of the dungeon to get into the area the Dean is in for the chest.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
figured it out now.