Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Does Everybody Hate Marlybone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
I was wondering,why does everybody hate Marlybone? I always loved Marlybone, I loved the music and almost everything else. Please reply. ----- Dustin Swift Eyes Level 35 PS. Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dustin SwiftEyes on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
I was wondering,why does everybody hate Marlybone? I always loved Marlybone, I loved the music and almost everything else. Please reply. ----- Dustin Swift Eyes Level 35 PS. Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
It seems the people that dislike it most are those running head on and getting pulled into duels. This is not like the previous worlds. This world teaches you lessons (or attempts to anyway) in patience...and patience is required not only here but in the worlds to follow.

I like Marleybone a lot.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
l Marleybone it was fun i think some people hate it cause of the trouble walking on sides and not being caught i have gotten caught a few times but it was fun Level 88

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
I liked Marleybone, actually. I liked the music and storyline, and the places that relate to England (I'm pretty sure ), like Big Ben, Kensington Park, etc.

What made people frustrated (including my brother) was getting sucked into battles, for the 'lack' of sidewalks. Wizards who never experienced Marleybone are used to sidewalks, and this taught them to be careful and be patient.

See ya in the Spiral!

Savannah LifeHunter, Level 70

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
oh and i was also trying to say that the history to marlybone is exactly like london. (i think)
also i think that people dislike marlybone becasue they get cought and pulled into battles
and they must think like this: "ugh! i hate getting caught!"
or like this: "this place is so annoying i can't stand it" or this:" marlybone is the worst place in the spiral!"
and even if they don't say things like that its really rude to even think it.
i seriously love marlybone because its such an incredible place
this message was from: saria ghost hunter level 78ps. is incredible and so are the other elemants.
see you guys in the spiral!! :D

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
I know, people just dont get patience these days

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Because this world is touchy and lots of people end up fighting 300 more duels than they intend to. I thought the music was depressing after my 2nd wizard, maybe thats just me. Mobs cast tower shield and weakness like its fun ( if your a slow killer or you have bad luck)

Eric Legendtamer (90Done!)(76Avalon)(76Avalon)(50Celestia)
(30Mooshu)(30Mooshu)(20Krok)(1Arena)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I dislike marleybone not just for that. It just seems so dark and gloomy. I rarely got caught in battles. It felt so sad. And the music... Not for me. MollySavannahDestiny

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
What RavenLady said. (Sorry if I wrote your name wrong!!!) I like the music, but I REALLY LOVE the graphics. I am down with marleybone but look, if someone dislikes a world, you cannot make them like it. I like Marleybone's graphics, but music, I am ok with!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Travel safely!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I have a theory about humans: when something bad happens in the begining of a day/etc. the rest of it will not seem as worthy like it should, kinda like first impressions.

So when people first start getting pulled in, they don't like it. Therefore, it sets a bad tone for the rest of whats about to come. And the pulling in doesn't happen once, it happens everywhere. So I think that is why MB is hated.

I must admit - I hated MB while questing there in my level 30s. But then in Mooshu, I realized how silly I was! And now I love MB

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Honestly I don't like marleybone but I don't hate it

I

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
i loved marlybone it was awesome. i wasn't really patient until i got here. this world taught me to wait for them to pass or a opining. marlybone helped me allot with that. i don't get why people hate it.
more fights mean more stuff and more gold. people theses days this game is supposed to be fun. so have it and don't concentrate on the bad stuff.

my wizard is jack skullbreeze and im a pyromancer with a helephant pet maybe ill see you! and have fun

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
I didn't like Marleybone. the atmosphere was really morbid. I liked the tomb of storms more and I think that place is terrible. Some of the puzzles were really confusing. The last quest. IMPOSSIBLE, I can't even get into Big Ben. And to add to that, the monsters casts shields and weakness like it's their hobby. (I don't mind the battles, frankly it would be easier if they didn't cast so many tower shields..)

Andrew IceRiver lv. 43 Hunter SunBlade lv. 23 Andrew GoldenLeaf lv. 10 (I want Nature's wrath! Level 12!)

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
If people just hate MB just for getting caught,just try sunken city.........

Monica Shadowshield lvl 20 (p.s., I Marlybone )

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
i loved Marleybone

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
I dislike only one part of marleybone. My diviner is a slow-killer as I like to build up my pips to use a one shot with a kraken, but for the love of all that is holy, the monsters in this area, ESPECIALLY the bosses cast Tower shield and weakness more then any other world honestly. They just spam it to all heck, and it's stupidly annoying

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
I liked MB as much as you

Survivor
Jul 16, 2013
Probably because there are no side walks.

I love Marleybone :)

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I personally didn't like it because of the dark and dreary felling it gave me. It just wasn't my style.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I don't hate Marleybone, sure getting sucked into battles isn't good but I often have enough patience to not get in them. But the fact that it's always night is a little...saddening. Also the music their is quite grand (most of the time)!

Survivor
Apr 03, 2013
I h8 MB b/c it's dark and gloomy, lacks sidewalks, and I don't get why the cats are the bad guys

Rylee39 and Rylee Deathwraith2

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
Well, haters gonna hate. I liked it fairly well, although all the tower and elemental sheilds and weaknesses are a real pain in the tushy.
Hunter Spellstone lvl 40 Master and Mastermind

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Hunter you are correct. Patience and thinking will get you through the world.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
I hated the no sidewalk aspect but other than that the world is great

Squire
May 10, 2013
RavenLady777 on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
It seems the people that dislike it most are those running head on and getting pulled into duels. This is not like the previous worlds. This world teaches you lessons (or attempts to anyway) in patience...and patience is required not only here but in the worlds to follow.

I like Marleybone a lot.
Nope, the most times I've been pulled into duels is in MooShu.
Cave of Solitude - AH!
Kishibe Village - AH!