Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Supernova Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Can someone explain this to me? The Balance Supernova spell only costs 2 pips but has a fizzle rate of 40% and only does 500+ damage. Were KI thinking this was a Storm school spell? As it is Balance has the fewest blades and for the lowest added damage.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Jack Flame on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
Can someone explain this to me? The Balance Supernova spell only costs 2 pips but has a fizzle rate of 40% and only does 500+ damage. Were KI thinking this was a Storm school spell? As it is Balance has the fewest blades and for the lowest added damage.
if i could explain it to you, i would. but i've been wondering the same~ aside from trying it out, that spell has not and will never have a place in my balance wizard's deck. why would any wizard in her (or his) right mind bother to waste 2 pips that way?

all of those avalon spells were designed for pvp. i'm starting to think that ki is as sick of their whining as everyone else and letting them run the game, just so they'll put a cork in it.

-v.
promethean and
archmage

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
Being a Balance Wizard, this is one of my favorite spells. I add unstoppable or extraordinary to the card to increase its accuracy. I know its not as powerful when colossal is added to it, but then I have a better chance of it not fizzing.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
It took me a while to figure out how to use this spell. The first time I hit with it was for over 2500 attack pts. in Avalon. WOW! I agree with VDS, I put an accuracy enchant on it and let it go. Not only does it do damage, but it cancels the enemies aural spell. Win Win. On average, this spell does about 800 attack for me - bladed, about 1300. I guess its personal choice to use, or not to use, as with any "free" spell from your school.
Bear in mind that before you cast it, be sure the target enemy has an aural spell ring, and be sure it is not the last round or "1", then the enemy's circle will vanish and your spell will do NOTHING but waste two pips. Wish someone would have told me that lol
Autumn Wild Heart

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Nordic Champion on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
It took me a while to figure out how to use this spell. The first time I hit with it was for over 2500 attack pts. in Avalon. WOW! I agree with VDS, I put an accuracy enchant on it and let it go. Not only does it do damage, but it cancels the enemies aural spell. Win Win. On average, this spell does about 800 attack for me - bladed, about 1300. I guess its personal choice to use, or not to use, as with any "free" spell from your school.
Bear in mind that before you cast it, be sure the target enemy has an aural spell ring, and be sure it is not the last round or "1", then the enemy's circle will vanish and your spell will do NOTHING but waste two pips. Wish someone would have told me that lol
Autumn Wild Heart
I hear you Autumn, try adding a colossal to it and watch what it does. I really like the spell, just hate the fizzle rate. Oh and if you critical with the colossal by chance with a balance blade on it will do nicely. I am just more disappointed that the fizzle rate is so high for a balance wizzy.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011