Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
Yes, hello.
I am up-mostly worried about the Ranked PVP. When I play it, I see that the majority of the warlords, commanders, and captains, have been using their pets/treasure cards that allow them to win easily. I have been placed up against level 6-10 warlords whom, after getting full pips/power pips, use their rank 7-9 pet spells to win. I think this is in the category of cheating. My friend, her character's name is Esmee, almost had warlord, she didn't treasure card, only used enchanted Judgement, which she knows, was place up against the same person who thus used Wooly Mammoth, given by the Polar Bear pet, to win. And now, after facing Triton spammers, she is almost at Knight. We would like it if you would please disable using pets that give those kinds of spells.

Thank you.
~ Sophia Moontalon

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
This is no form of cheating. I feel the same way as your friend Esmee on my Balance wizard. But oh well, It's just a game, Right?
The least you can do is say Good Match.
~SabrinaMisty, The Koolest Kitty around!

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The lower your wizard's level, the more prone you are to high attack treasure cards. I commend you for trying to play team PvP at such a low level, but I would recommend leveling up a bit so treasure cards aren't quite so devastating.

Treasure cards and pet cards aren't going anywhere. Maybe you need to fight fire with fire by adding your own treasure card attacks and high level pets? I know Esmee in game and I know she has many high level wizards. Shouldn't be beyond the possibility to train one for her low level wizard.

One idea that might work would be to scale down high level attacks used by low level wizards. After all why should a level 1 wizard be able to cast the same strength Triton as a level 80 wizard? This could be a possible solution to your dilemma, but good luck getting KI to actually listen to new ideas for PvP.

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Most of the warlords didn't battle. There is a glitch that allows them to get to warlord in one match. I don't know if I should report it because I have seen people do it and I have never done it myself. If the professors read this comment should I report this? Or is it not that big of a deal.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Time Warped on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Most of the warlords didn't battle. There is a glitch that allows them to get to warlord in one match. I don't know if I should report it because I have seen people do it and I have never done it myself. If the professors read this comment should I report this? Or is it not that big of a deal.
If there is such a glitch it should be absolutely reported!!!

The other day I faced a warlord with a record of 47 - 4,294,967,277. 4 billion losses and he was actively downranking AND he wasn't losing any rank when he lost. I faced him 4 times in a row before logging out since I obviously wasn't going to get a real match.

I tried to post this information in a thread and it was rejected by the moderators of this forum. I guess I fully expect this post to be deleted by them as well. After all, if you delete the information, then the problem doesn't exist, right?

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
UGH yeah that's annoying, I know. look, maybe your should beat fire with fire, as in get a really cool pet that gives you a card (trust me you'll feel better).

"Your life is yours, and the only one who can truly change it is you."

Mindy GoldPetal, Grandmaster Diviner

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
DoughnutMonster on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
Yes, hello.
I am up-mostly worried about the Ranked PVP. When I play it, I see that the majority of the warlords, commanders, and captains, have been using their pets/treasure cards that allow them to win easily. I have been placed up against level 6-10 warlords whom, after getting full pips/power pips, use their rank 7-9 pet spells to win. I think this is in the category of cheating. My friend, her character's name is Esmee, almost had warlord, she didn't treasure card, only used enchanted Judgement, which she knows, was place up against the same person who thus used Wooly Mammoth, given by the Polar Bear pet, to win. And now, after facing Triton spammers, she is almost at Knight. We would like it if you would please disable using pets that give those kinds of spells.

Thank you.
~ Sophia Moontalon
It isn't cheating. It isn't cheating. It isn't cheating. How many times do I have to tell people it isn't cheating? I'm kinda tired of it. Tell me, If you had 1450 rank at level 30 (like me) and you fight Legendaries. And these legendaries can CRITICAL against a level 30. How are you supposed to defend yourself with out some essential TC. Like monstrous. I don't use things like mammoth or efreet but still. You are again, 20 levels above them. You can beat them theoretically. Work on your strategy. Get some TC if you want. They aren't the only ones who can use them.

Wolf Legend, Level 30 pvper

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
You can use treasure cards as much as they can, you can shield, you can dispel, etc so I don't see a issue as you are choosing not to use them and it is possible to get commander/warlord without tc besides infallible and monstrous.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
More than one comment I wanted to reply to, so just going to list who I'm talking about.

Malt22's first post:Mainly focusing on the last paragraph, because a level 1 can't cast the same strength triton as a level 80. level 80 storm generally tend to have colossal for a stronger than pet triton, and about 85% damage boost, not to mention potential critical; level 1's have 22% damage with commander gear, no critical, only one triton card, and can't enchant it.

Time Warped:Not that hard to take a low level character to warlord; I've made them in as little as an hour just with any pet and some monstrous treasure cards.There isn't a glitch to get warlord in one match, however there might be a hack which is reportable.

Malt22 second post:Actually, the insane loss ratio is kind of normal: I've seen many guys who have somewhere between a million and 9e117 losses, and it seems to just be something Kingsisle needs to fix. I am having an issue with anytime my myth tries pvp his stats are wiped when I log out, but only is happening on the one character so I can just use the other. (Whenever I see someone downranking, I just cheer in my head; honestly, its free tickets/rank[not sure about rank since you said he wasn't losing any and you might not be gaining any{you didn't need to say billion after the 4,294,967,277.4, just losses would have worked}]).

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean