Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new idea Fast forward or animations off

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 14, 2012
Hi everyone/wizards/Ki :)

I have always wanted an option for skipping animations or fast forwarding them, The reason why is i love this game but it can get very tiring to go trough the same animations over and over having all ready seen them before and also very time consuming.

For people that have beat the game and made more then one wizard they would know why exacty it can get tiring and time consuming, If something like this were implemented i know me and my friends would enjoy this game a lot more.

How it would work :

Mayby this can be implemented for those who have acheived a certain level or have seen the animation before, mayby when soloing, or if every wizard in the fight has the option animations (off) then the game can ask all wizard in the fight if they would like to skip or fast forward animations. I understand that not all players would like this option (off) so that is why the game would ask for a vote.

Lets say 2 wizards started a fight and both picked skip and later another wizard joins then the question would be asked and if he chose No then the rest of the wizards would have to sit trough animations but at least we would have a choice when playing with friends, this would make playing through a 2nd+ times a lot more fun in my opinion.

I would love to hear your opinions and ideas, also any suggestions to fix this idea would greatly help.

Thanks to everyone for listening and also for KI for making such a great game.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
iiiTz SHiNoBiii on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Hi everyone/wizards/Ki :)

I have always wanted an option for skipping animations or fast forwarding them, The reason why is i love this game but it can get very tiring to go trough the same animations over and over having all ready seen them before and also very time consuming.

For people that have beat the game and made more then one wizard they would know why exacty it can get tiring and time consuming, If something like this were implemented i know me and my friends would enjoy this game a lot more.

How it would work :

Mayby this can be implemented for those who have acheived a certain level or have seen the animation before, mayby when soloing, or if every wizard in the fight has the option animations (off) then the game can ask all wizard in the fight if they would like to skip or fast forward animations. I understand that not all players would like this option (off) so that is why the game would ask for a vote.

Lets say 2 wizards started a fight and both picked skip and later another wizard joins then the question would be asked and if he chose No then the rest of the wizards would have to sit trough animations but at least we would have a choice when playing with friends, this would make playing through a 2nd+ times a lot more fun in my opinion.

I would love to hear your opinions and ideas, also any suggestions to fix this idea would greatly help.

Thanks to everyone for listening and also for KI for making such a great game.
I do not agree with this at all.
This is an online animated game. Seriously, are the 5-10 second animations are too long?
Skipping or fast forwarding would ruin the game, and require more programming than is worth.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I agree it can be too time consuming to watch the same spells over and over and over. With that being said streamlining some of the hit all spells like RA, Scarecrow, Siren, Tempest ect, ect you could still have the dramatic entrance like as in the RA spell but once his staff hits the ground the sun rays could stream out and hit all the mobs in say a beam for each one, but all at the same time. This would not affect the game play that much and it would speed it up a tad but not enough to hurt it. Same for Tempest and most of the other hit all spells.

Just my two cents worth.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Another nice alternative would be to implement variations to the spell animations. Not entirely new animations, just a couple small variations that happen occasionally. Realizing this would be additional work & cost, but its only about 2 spells per school that get used with such high repetition in the life of a wizard.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2012
RottenHeart on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
Another nice alternative would be to implement variations to the spell animations. Not entirely new animations, just a couple small variations that happen occasionally. Realizing this would be additional work & cost, but its only about 2 spells per school that get used with such high repetition in the life of a wizard.
That could also work. That may actually help, it might be easier to implement then my idea.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
RavenLady777 on May 31, 2013 wrote:
I do not agree with this at all.
This is an online animated game. Seriously, are the 5-10 second animations are too long?
Skipping or fast forwarding would ruin the game, and require more programming than is worth.
There is this Mayan-like spell that shows a Mayan calendar, it goes inside, and all of the worlds of the spiral are in a perfect straight line. That spell takes over 20 seconds to finish, I believe.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
Number1337 on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
There is this Mayan-like spell that shows a Mayan calendar, it goes inside, and all of the worlds of the spiral are in a perfect straight line. That spell takes over 20 seconds to finish, I believe.
That is called Celestial Calender.
True this does take a while but I agree with ravenlady777.
It would take the fun out of Wizard101 and who wants to die and not even know what you died from????
Example: If you only have 100 out of your 2,561 health and someone casts storm shark on you while you're fast forwarding and die and you ask yourself: why did i just die?????
Anyways if this was possible you could probably finish the game in 2-5 weeks.
Who wants that????

Brianna Starsong wizard level 59, almost 60

Defender
May 29, 2009
This is a multiplayer game, wouldn't it not work If someone had animations off and someone else in the battle had them on? It wouldn't work. I like the animations anyway. If you don't, then take your laptop, and watch tv during the animations. I don't think this is a good idea.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv76
" don't fight fire with fire, unless you have a convert"