Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battles too long?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I have noticed that even mob battles are pretty long in AZ. My work around is to strike as often as you can. I usually (being death) like to buff as much as I can, but with AZ sometimes multiple AoEs are required. So I will try for a blade/aura and toss Deer Knight as soon as I can. Then I can cast a drain afterwords to heal if needed.
One hit defeats are more and more rare, as even mobs block, and they cast so many spells that debuff.
My advice is to maximize your damage boost (at expense of critical) and use the 4 or 5 pip AoEs.
Battles are way longer though, I absolutely agree.
One good way that KI could help is to allow multi pip wands, as I heard they use to have. Of course, PvE only.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2008
I don't believe they're too long, they're actually making the world quite enjoyable. It's a little tough, but not impossible. It's a little time consuming but I never find myself taking too long either.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
Hi.
Actually i think it depands on who your battling. Like one time i helped my friend with this 21,000 boss and the other boss was 20,000 and minions were something that i forgot. but this was all in the same battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, i think it depands.

This mesage is Calmity roseblossom and Sarai ghost hunter
Level 51 and 78

Bye for now!

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
I am a balance wizard and our blades are less useful than the rest solo. (I soloed this world) Balance Blade, +35% balance blade, Blade storm, +30% Blade storm Pet +30% Blade, Amulet +35% Blade Ra, Then Ra. With heals and shields. Fights can last 8-16 rounds max. That is a long time compared to the 4 in celestia.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I wish KI can make us pause the battles while we are fighting solo .