Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turquoise

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Am trying to collect this gem for crafting and needed almost a dozen of them for robe and hat. I am at level 90 now and still short five turquoise to complete my hat. Am I doomed to stay without better equipment because this is so difficult to get from bosses and impossible to purchase at trading post. Any ideas? I have fought the bosses that have dropped some, but if I go back to fight them again, they don't drop it. I am totally frustrated that we can't get the better equipment for lack of accessible reagents.

Mariah

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
If you have the inclination, you might try farming for turquoise in the Bazaar. It does show up there once in a while and if your fingers are fast enough, you might be able to snag enough to craft your robe and hat.

There are many who are just as frustrated. What good does the gear do you, when you can't craft it at the level you need it?

In Azteca, the recipes are in Cloudburst Forest, Alto Alto and Floating Mtns. Not only are they a ways into the world, but you have to jump through hoops to open up the vendors to get the recipes. By the time you do this, your level is much higher than the gear. Then, there's the fact you have to collect that elusive turquoise, plus your school aura TC, and a potent trap TC (depending on what gear you want to craft).

Many people finish the world before they can get everything collected for crafting. What good is it then? I want to be able to craft it at the appropriate level I am at. I want the recipes available earlier in the game. I want to be able to collect what I need without too much difficulty, so that I can continue in the world with my new gear and actually be able to USE it before I finish Azteca.

But alas, this apparently is not meant to be. What a shame.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
This is the same dilemma my wizard faces. He got the highest level crafting badge but can't craft anything because he has very little turquoise. I haven't been willing or even interested in farming bosses "hoping" to get one Turquoise. I did see one in the Bazaar once, but I was too slow to get it.

I agree that the highest level of crafting is a dead end. Sad.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
pat46, you are not alone.

I hate crafting. Actually, that's a gross understatement~ I loathe it, with every fibre of my being, for several reasons:

1) the stats on high-level gear is not worth the time and money it takes to craft it;

2) the reagents required are nigh impossible to get~ there's no transmute for turquoise, and the one for agave nectar isn't available until after you've already gotten the badge;

3) the gear isn't available until about 7 or 8 levels *after* we actually need it.

by that point, most of us have either a) sucked it up and learned to live with substandard gear; b) found a cheaper and less time-consuming alternative, or c) lost all hope.

in the time it takes me to transmute all of those reagents, i could have run waterworks 12 times and gotten better gear than what's available in azteca;

4) who has the time to do things like transmute 60 aether/agave nectar/sunstone anyway? ain't nobody got time for that (unless you pvp, because you can just buy the reagents for tickets instead of wasting your time transmuting, because pvp runs the game, right down to crafting).

sigh,
-v.

transcendent crafter who hates crafting and refuses to put another wizard through that torture.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Dr Von on May 24, 2013 wrote:

I hate crafting. Actually, that's a gross understatement~ I loathe it, with every fibre of my being, for several reasons:

1) the stats on high-level gear is not worth the time and money it takes to craft it;

2) the reagents required are nigh impossible to get~ there's no transmute for turquoise, and the one for agave nectar isn't available until after you've already gotten the badge;

3) the gear isn't available until about 7 or 8 levels *after* we actually need it.

by that point, most of us have either a) sucked it up and learned to live with substandard gear; b) found a cheaper and less time-consuming alternative, or c) lost all hope.

in the time it takes me to transmute all of those reagents, i could have run waterworks 12 times and gotten better gear than what's available in azteca;

4) who has the time to do things like transmute 60 aether/agave nectar/sunstone anyway? ain't nobody got time for that (unless you pvp, because you can just buy the reagents for tickets instead of wasting your time transmuting, because pvp runs the game, right down to crafting).

sigh,
-v.

transcendent crafter who hates crafting and refuses to put another wizard through that torture.
Exactly what you said. The only thing I would ever craft from Azteca is the Jade Skycarrier Pendant, for it gives an enfeeble item card, dragonblade, and 200HP. Ice gear stinks in Azteca, basically the only improvements are critical and health which is basically what Ice wizards do not need.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
farming578 on May 22, 2013 wrote:
Am trying to collect this gem for crafting and needed almost a dozen of them for robe and hat. I am at level 90 now and still short five turquoise to complete my hat. Am I doomed to stay without better equipment because this is so difficult to get from bosses and impossible to purchase at trading post. Any ideas? I have fought the bosses that have dropped some, but if I go back to fight them again, they don't drop it. I am totally frustrated that we can't get the better equipment for lack of accessible reagents.

Mariah
I Farm turquoise cave in azteca, it seems to have good drop rates. I have gotten 20 turquoise so far (Although i need 25 more, ugh)

Eric Legendtamer (Level 90 ) (Level 76 ) (Level 50 ) (Level 30 ) (Level 20 )

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I *think* it's possible to get additional turquoise drops from fighting certain bosses again.

I got a turquoise from Cipactli a couple days ago, and went back to help a friend farm for Potent Trap TC and managed to get another turquoise out of her this morning.

The only other boss I fought this morning was Acampi Reedfist and he was also a repeat, and I didn't get any reagents or cards in that fight.

It may be that only the cheaty bosses will drop repeat turquoise or TC auras and potent traps. And your chances of getting ultra-rare drops are of course higher if you have a full team of 4 going in.

Sadly, finding 3 other level 84+ players to go farm some of the game's most annoying and formidable entities is often a lost cause, especially if you live outside of the North American time zones.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Dr Von on May 24, 2013 wrote:

sigh,
-v.

Von,

I agree with everyone in here that the crafted gear opens up way too late in Azteca to help, since I got an Agave Nectar for every 45 Agave Leaves I gathered, and half that time a person that had a Transcedent Crafter badge would gather it up.

Where I have problems, is the battles that take place in a building where the bosses are leveled to outrageous levels and I have to either beg another wizard to help me or buy the 90minion and hope I survive. I am in the middle of crafting the Winter Tyrants hat and robe, and can't find the Treasure card Sleet Storm. Compared to the closed battles of Azteca over crafting, it is less stressful (not by much).

Timothy Pearlflower, L90 , waiting for help to battle Huracan Sky in Twin Giants

Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
i wish that the turquoise can be added in plants or for another way than figting bosses that dont always drop them...could there be a way to get the turquoise to be in plants or to get it more easy.

noahgoldheart