Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Amulets.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I think that it would be super useful if we could purchase Master Amulets with gold. I have tons of gold and not a lot of crowns! I need a lot of mastery amulets for my other wizards! Reply if you think this would be useful!

~~~~Nathan SpellStaff
Level 62

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I like this idea, but mastery amulets might be a bit tad powerful. I say it should be sold for gold at 349,495 gold.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
It would have been interesting if mastery amulets were designed to be crafted. They could have been challenging items to craft. Perhaps different levels of mastery amulets to craft: level 40, 60, and 80.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Dominooooo on May 10, 2013 wrote:
I like this idea, but mastery amulets might be a bit tad powerful. I say it should be sold for gold at 349,495 gold.
Sadly i agree with you, it would be nice if they were cheaper in gold/crowns, but as stated, they are a tad powerful. If they are to be sold for gold, it would only be fair to make the price the maximum carrying capacity of a wizard, like 350000. (i dont like odd numbers, i prefer to round) It would be fair and this way you would be able to buy one for each of your wizards. The only issue i would have with this is the fact that i am still doing my legendary crafting quest and it is quite a pain when it comes to buying the reagents, which is where 70% of my gold goes. (The other 30% goes to buying treasure cards for pvp)

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
I've wondered, can you craft Mastery Amulets. I would have to say that even though Mastery Amulets are a tad powerful i would think it should go as high as 100,000. ._. 350,000 is a little pricey.

Defender
May 29, 2009
psuedoradiation on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
I've wondered, can you craft Mastery Amulets. I would have to say that even though Mastery Amulets are a tad powerful i would think it should go as high as 100,000. ._. 350,000 is a little pricey.
Um that's a little cheap, the gear in the baobab market (zafaria) is more than that

Anthony Ashcatcher lv70

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Mastery amulet should be available to players in some other way besides waterworks/toth and crown shop.

I do like that you basically have to have at least one wiz at level 60 or higher to get a dropped one. That doesn't stop players from equipping them to their lvl 8 warlord. But it means they have to take the time to level someone.

What I would do is give players an option to get a mastery amulet of their choice, once. Their wiz must meet the following conditions:

--Spend 1 train point to get the amulet. That's right, it will require you to commit to this in a way you can't earn back.
--Be level 60 or higher
--Have trained at least seven spells of that school's type using train points.
--Possibly also, have completed waterworks AND helephant; OR the trainer/vendor is in a level-locked area of Zafaria.
--A gold price that requires commitment but not ruination. Set the bar too low, and people will casually buy them in quantity. Set it too high, and it will deter actively questing wizards, but the loot farmers will simply farm more to get it.

If it's crafted, then it's somewhat easier, you have to be legendary or better crafter and have access to ZF. Maybe crafted mastery amulets will not be tradable. Or maybe using the recipe will cost a train point (you could buy it and then decide not to use it, say you got a dropped one in ww, and it wouldn't cost a train point.)

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Um hey, schick person, max gold is 200,000, just saying