Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Secondary School

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Ok so, I'm a level 41 balance wizard (about to get hydra, YIPPEE!) with a secondary of life. I have up to centaur in life. I find I never use centaur because I'm NOT going to wait for six pips. I'm sorry but, it's just not happening. So I am strongly considering stopping life and learning a new secondary school. Also I always play with my brother who is a level 70 life with a secondary balance/death/moon. I'm currently at the Plague Oni in Mooshu. So here are my questions:

Should I switch my secondary school?
If yes should I buy back my points or just start learning a new school?
Or should I just save my points for Celstia?

Thanks for reading,
-Morgan Legendheart

Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
x sigh x so i am guessing you decided to quit life ( Not Happy! )

Well go on to Celetisa don't use your points for anything else and buy back it if you like

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
Let's see if I can help you a bit with your problem.

1. If you have trained life spells, I would say that you did a good thing. Life is really useful for the Satyr spell (especially at higher levels, when you really need it) even though you get Availing hands and Helping hands. So, YES, keep those life spells and NO, don't change your secondary school .

2. As I mentioned above, there is no need to change those life spells. However, you might find it useful to train spells from the Death school, especially up to Feint, as it's a good boost for your attacks.

3. Don't worry! While adventuring through the Spiral you'll for sure get enough training points for everything you may want. You will have to try, however, to save a few of them for Star and Sun school spells. You can, of course get Moon spells as well, but I'm telling you from my own experience that I've got 2 of them and I've rarely used them (about 10 or 15 times). Star and Sun spells are a MUST at a high level.

These are my recommendations (I'm telling you from my qwn experience). Hope it helps!

Erin Firesword
level 87, Archmage Pyromancer

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
If you like the life school but you think it's to many pips, get a Life Mastery amulet! I don't know if you know what a life mastery amulet is but if you don't, it's an item that makes your power pips count for your life spells along with your balance spells. When you get enough pips, you can decide if you want to use the Hydra or the Centaur. I have a Fire Mastery amulet and it was totally worth it. Hope this helped!

-Mason MoonBlade
Master Theurgist

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Rainbow0839 on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
Ok so, I'm a level 41 balance wizard (about to get hydra, YIPPEE!) with a secondary of life. I have up to centaur in life. I find I never use centaur because I'm NOT going to wait for six pips. I'm sorry but, it's just not happening. So I am strongly considering stopping life and learning a new secondary school. Also I always play with my brother who is a level 70 life with a secondary balance/death/moon. I'm currently at the Plague Oni in Mooshu. So here are my questions:

Thanks for reading,
-Morgan Legendheart
You could always get a Life Mastery Amulet and farm Waterworks and The Tower of Helephant when you get to lvl sixty. Also don't buy your training points back! Consider getting Feint and then save your points for Star but give one point to Gobbler as if you have a spam deck of Gobblers, you can get to Warlord.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Save for Celestia. I get the Sun spells (fists), you don't have to take the accuracy ones to progress on with them and they will help boost all your natural Balance spells.

I tend to avoid other school spells because by level 45 or so I can get gear that gives me more power pips making out of school spells costly to use unless you have the amulet.

I also use treasure cards to fill in where I want other spells used.

I found this article quite interesting on the view of Balance:

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/the-broken-mold-how-to-thrive-as-balance-in-the-new-paradigms/

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Thanks so much for the replies. I'm not a crowns buyer so that makes getting a mastery amulet more challenging (since I'm too low level to farm Waterworks). Also, wizardgamer2415, I never said I would quit life I just said I was considering it.

So what I hear most of you saying is, train death up to feint, then save points for the astral schools. Is that right?

Thanks so much,
-Morgan Legandheart, level 41, mooshu

Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
Rainbow0839 on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:

Thanks for reading,
-Morgan Legendheart
I think you should buy back your points or save for Celestia then you can get astral spells. BY the way your like me I learned life and I think its a waste of pips because six pips is six rounds.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Just leveled up to 42 , YEAH!!!!! I will not be getting the life spell sanctuary because I don't do much healing. Also I currently have 6 training points. I have not completed the grizzleheim birds or the krok beetles (only 1 left there in temple of storms). I have completed the wc dwarfs, the mb cats, the wisteria plants, and the mooshu clams. Anyway, it would cost 7 training points to train death up to feint, so that won't work. maybe from a vendor instead?

thanks,
Morgan Legendheart, level 42(!)

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
I think you should change to storm or Fire. They are the 2 Strongest schools and they will help a lot
(Fire is my main school storm is my secondary I know this is true because i have looked at there spells compared to other spells)

Andrew WaterCrafter Level 46

Defender
May 03, 2009
Rainbow0839 on May 7, 2013 wrote:
Just leveled up to 42 , YEAH!!!!! I will not be getting the life spell sanctuary because I don't do much healing. Also I currently have 6 training points. I have not completed the grizzleheim birds or the krok beetles (only 1 left there in temple of storms). I have completed the wc dwarfs, the mb cats, the wisteria plants, and the mooshu clams. Anyway, it would cost 7 training points to train death up to feint, so that won't work. maybe from a vendor instead?

thanks,
Morgan Legendheart, level 42(!)
Well, if you are death, you can craft feint. People sometimes sell them (Not usually, though). I would advise you save your points for sun and star school in Celestia. I have moon and it's not that useful until Azteca (and not that useful in Azteca) and you need Sun and Star at Celestia so I'd advise you leave moon alone. If you want feint, quest with a death wizard. Most often, I have feint ready to be used. So, save your points for Celestia.

Scarlet Hawk
Amber Rose