Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TC, It's Not Cheating!!!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Hey guys,

Recently I've been doing a lot of pvp, getting my balance and myth to warlord (accomplished ). The thing is, on my way I have been called a TC noob or a cheater by many many people for using TC. I just want to let people know, TC isn't a form a cheating (only way to really cheat in PvP is puppet), and you're not a noob for using them. They're in the game for a reason, take advantage of it!
David Stronghunter- Promethean Fire Warlord (Overlord)
Jordan Skullfist- Transcended Balance Warlord
Zachary Rider (aka rider)- Magus Myth Warlord (soon to be Overlord )

PS. When my team demolishes puppets, we always get called TC noobs. Rofl.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
warlordperfection on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys,

Recently I've been doing a lot of pvp, getting my balance and myth to warlord (accomplished ). The thing is, on my way I have been called a TC noob or a cheater by many many people for using TC. I just want to let people know, TC isn't a form a cheating (only way to really cheat in PvP is puppet), and you're not a noob for using them. They're in the game for a reason, take advantage of it!

YES!!! TC is to be used. Not to be blamed at.

As vonawesome say, of you cant beat 'em, then join 'em. Simple as that.

In PvP, you have the same tools as your opponent. Use them. They're there for a reason.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
I agree. Everyone calls me a noob when i tc smoke or t

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Hey guys,

Thanks you David!! Finally someone understands. Except there are some TCs not to be made. (KI please please please dont make guardian spirit and super nova and enfeeble tc) please? XD And my level 10 fire has to use TC cause he fights levels about 23 most of the time. I even fought a storm level 28 which means he had tempest trained (I still won )

Wolf, the Proud Pyromancer (also the dude who gains 3 rank a battle)

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 29, 2013 wrote:
Thanks you David!! Finally someone understands. Except there are some TCs not to be made. (KI please please please dont make guardian spirit and super nova and enfeeble tc) please? XD And my level 10 fire has to use TC cause he fights levels about 23 most of the time. I even fought a storm level 28 which means he had tempest trained (I still won )

Wolf, the Proud Pyromancer (also the dude who gains 3 rank a battle)
and mana burn lol

Wolf Nightcaller lvl 11 myth captain (1 away from commander!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1!)

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
TC are SO not cheating!! I got called a tc noob before and i'm proud Tc's are a part of the game. They get you out of tough spots in the game, and puppeters lol. Tc are allowed and not considered cheating for sure

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Most people that call TC's cheating is because:

1. They do not know how to use TC's
2. They are too lazy to get their own TC's
3. Because they are not good enough to win at PVP and make every excuse as to why they lost.
4. Because people are not wanting to prepare for everything, even though, that is what pvp is.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
TC are most certainly NOT a cheat, who is the bigger noob the one who wins via tc or one lose cause they did not think of it.

Storm Trition is classic TC kill in duels on lower lvl even TC minion are great.

I mean it really you be called a noob cause of tc shatter lol or tc dispell lol or tc weakness, I proud of it.
AT got brains to work how to influence them and win.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Hey guys,

Usually when someone loses to you and you used a TC that is when they like to try and say its cheating. If it was cheating then the TC's would be level blocked like some of the higher ranked cards are.

I dont think its cheating, Its using an idea that is there for all to use.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I'm sorry but I consider it cheating...

A level 20 wizard using Efreet...?
A level 30 Wizard using Basilisk?!?

The whole point of leveling up is the reward of becoming stronger! But nowadays rank 8 and 9 spells are being handed like gum! No work needed...

I have no problems with a Tower shield treasure card or a pixie treasure card, but a Medusa treasure card or a Snow angel treasure card, that's outta hand. KI should restrict players from getting treasure cards above their level. It's fair then.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2012
I do agree that TC are not cheating. But I also think there should be some restrictions. Some cards should not be used as TC. I think there should be some school exclusive spells that you can get by training in that school, like guardian spirit for example.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2012
Hey guys,

I don't use my TC in pvp, I use my normal spells. But, I do agree TC is not cheating. When someone uses TC and beats me or loses to me, I just say gg.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
IF you are using tcs which are way above your level you are a cheat an a noob- simply as that. Pvp in this game used to be about skill but that has been thrown out the window. All KI needs to do is make tcs level restricted and that will make pvp fun again. It is ridiculous for people to think they are all that when they cast efreet as a level 5 and kill their opponent in 1 hit.

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
I am not an avid tc user, yet we don't lose to teams that use them, if we do, very rarely.

Thing is, the tc users talk trash while using them, but when the game goes on, and they get slim on tc, they either start making excuses or flee, when they realize they can' t win the match anymore. Most times, they complain about us shielding too much or some other lame excuses.

I do agree a level minimum needs to be out in place for tc. Something like Snow angel (must be minimum level 50 to use). Orthrus, minimum level 35 or something along those lines, it still allows people to use them, but not end the game in one spell.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Darth JT on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Most people that call TC's cheating is because:

1. They do not know how to use TC's
2. They are too lazy to get their own TC's
3. Because they are not good enough to win at PVP and make every excuse as to why they lost.
4. Because people are not wanting to prepare for everything, even though, that is what pvp is.
Check, check, check and check.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Geez, don't get me started. I played a fire today and she spammed tc tower shields. One after the other, every round, every single one. I earthquaked, wanded, and steal warded. When she ran out (used her entire side deck), I killed her with Chimera. It is not cheating, but when your opponent spams it like that, well it is quite frustrating I'd SAY! But yes using tc in this fashion is not good.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2013
It is cheating! You should actually try to level up instead of getting it for a bit of gold at a shop! You should have to earn a spell, not buy it! This is like paying someone to do your homework!

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
KorekuEternal on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:

The whole point of leveling up is the reward of becoming stronger! But nowadays rank 8 and 9 spells are being handed like gum! No work needed...

I have no problems with a Tower shield treasure card or a pixie treasure card, but a Medusa treasure card or a Snow angel treasure card, that's outta hand. KI should restrict players from getting treasure cards above their level. It's fair then.
Do you realize that if they took away cards that aren't your lvl then matches at around lvl 5-10 would be extremely boring and very very very hard? because at that lvl you have low hit attacks (unless your storm) and your opponent has fairy which after one heal will most likely put them to full health so yeah. Also TC ISN'T CHEATING!

Wolf Nightcaller lvl 90 balance 1st age warlord

Wolf Nightcaller lvl 11 myth 1st age commander

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
Hey guys,

Its a whole different story when all the person does is spam tc. I just want to tell everyone that don't ONLY use tc, use the spells that make you the Wizard you are ;D

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
KorekuEternal on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:

Thank you! Everyone is acting like its a strategy but its simply not. What is the point in leveling up if you can just use the tc?

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
Hey guys,

I agree with you right there i hate it when i use TC allot and after i win they get mad and insult me for no reason they are just jealous because we know how to use TC in good strategy lol (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Honestly, I am against tc a little but the thing I do not like is that I am a high level Fire Wizard (64) and I get accused of using tc, this is because my gear comes with spells that fire wizards usually don't have, check the gear before you call "tc noob" on someone. Another reason why I get mistaken as a tc person is because I usually buy clothes from like mooshu and stich them to hide my identity xD. But tc's shouldn't be a pvp thing, pvp was made to perfect your gameplay for battles and help you get better at the game, but then people my level go and tc the volcano thing and then kills me and my friend. not cool. Before the update, I lost 84 pvp matches. you know how hard it is to become higher then a private? So yes, I say go ahead and tc, but if you're doing it for pvp, only use spells someone your level would have (a lvl 20 death can buy unicorn but not katzenstein!!)

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
You guys do realize even the other people know tc is in the game to be used calling people tc noobs is what they do when they loose cause their sore loosers and you shouldn't take it to heart it doesn't even mean anything.Its basically like their calling you a noob for playing the game the way it was intended cause deep down they know their raging cause you won and not because of the tc you used. Some people just become ridiculous and child like when they loose,half the time cause they are in fact children.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
Personally i think using TC's are cheating in a way. They should try get some skill by levelling and use there own spells that are given. Sure it is in the game but should not be available for low levels. PvP should be intended for levels around 20+. But that is my opinion.

happy TCing (noobs) lololol

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
I've read both sides of the arguments in many different posts and this is what I have to say. It's not cheating. However it is cheap to continually pull Treasure Cards in PVP. Cheating in this game is really only available through multiple accounts to get higher level spells through the Prospector Zeke quests so they can get training points. If they decided to waste their gold to get Treasure Cards that only last one cast. That's their problem. Calling them cheaters and noobs will get nothing done except to make you appear to be a sore loser. If they trash-talk first, that's when you have the right to respond in kind. The Treasure Card function is in the game to help other people out. If people decide to use them in PVP matches, it's fair. It won't seem like it though and will seem incredibly cheap if they keep using them. It is fair though and whining about it not being fair or being noobish will (as stated before) make you seem like a poor loser or unsportsmanlike.