Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Matchup

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
Hi,

I am a level 62 storm wizard, currently a veteran in PVP with 55 wins and 24 losses. I am starting to get really frustraed by the matchups I've been getting lately. A few days ago I was at about 760(Captain) and my rank has gone plumeting after one loss out of 6 or so wins. Whenever I win a match against these privates I'll only go up either 2, 6 or 7. When I lose to a private which doesn't happen too often but it surely does, I lose about 30 each time so pretty much one loss out of the 6 wins I've done has cancelled out. I've tried switching realms, PVPing at different times of the day but I continue to get matched up with privates. Some of you might say "Why complain when you're fighting less skilled players?" Trust me, it's a big waste of time. I'm not going to win all 20 games when I get online. I can win 19 lose the last one and leave where I started.

Solution?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DrakePrenup on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

I am a level 62 storm wizard, currently a veteran in PVP with 55 wins and 24 losses. I am starting to get really frustraed by the matchups I've been getting lately. A few days ago I was at about 760(Captain) and my rank has gone plumeting after one loss out of 6 or so wins. Whenever I win a match against these privates I'll only go up either 2, 6 or 7. When I lose to a private which doesn't happen too often but it surely does, I lose about 30 each time so pretty much one loss out of the 6 wins I've done has cancelled out. I've tried switching realms, PVPing at different times of the day but I continue to get matched up with privates. Some of you might say "Why complain when you're fighting less skilled players?" Trust me, it's a big waste of time. I'm not going to win all 20 games when I get online. I can win 19 lose the last one and leave where I started.

Solution?
I know it gets frustrating in PvP nowadays. But i dont think they are changing much yet, Hopefully they will take some time to look at the system soon because that would make alot of wizards happy.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Whats probably happening is your getting under 500 rank 80-90 pvpers.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
DrakePrenup on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

Solution?
Sometimes fighting privates can be fun. Think of it as your practice for the day :D You can laugh at their mistakes and such. Me and my bro 2v2 a lot and we like to laugh at people as they make bad decisions XD Just think in your mind: I am better than they are! And one loss a Vet against Private isn't gonna make you lose 19 battles worth of about 6-9 rank each. Just letting you know. Good luck in the arena Ansali!

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

P.S. there is a post somewhere about opportune times to fight in the arena