Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
Hello Wizard101 Community!

My name is Tai, I'm kind of new to Wizard101 and I have some questions. (If this is the right area to be asked.)

Alright, some questions that I have are:

How do you know if a pet has the ability to help you in a duel and is that chance of the pet casting the spell random or is their a place to check up on it showing the percentages and etc.

Is there a main area in the current Forum to ask about questions?

I was going against this Lady Wizard and she had this Storm Beetle and it cast Storm Beetle and then gave her this blade enhancing shield that raises her attack and it was really quite often, I was wondering where I could get a Storm Beetle to do the same method of assisting in Pvp Duels. I was doing some research on Google and found this: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/36858.ftl , after doing so I looked at this:
http://www.kifreegames.com/onlinegames/freegamecodes/scoring , I was confused because it didn't show 175 gold for any of them so I don't know which tier to be at to obtain the Storm Beetle at.

Does the Storm Beetle cast the Storm Beetle spell and give me a blade enhancement if I receive one too?

Can other pets use spells to assist in matches?

I sent in a problem by contacting the support team and I don't know how to know if they've responded to me about the question I had earlier but I still have the reference number.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Arcainist on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:

My name is Tai, I'm kind of new to Wizard101 and I have some questions. (If this is the right area to be asked.)

How do you know if a pet has the ability to help you in a duel and is that chance of the pet casting the spell random or is their a place to check up on it showing the percentages and etc.

I was going against this Lady Wizard and she had this Storm Beetle and it cast Storm Beetle and then gave her this blade enhancing shield that raises her attack and it was really quite often, I was wondering where I could get a Storm Beetle to do the same method of assisting in Pvp Duels. I was doing some research on Google and found this: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/36858.ftl , after doing so I looked at this:
http://www.kifreegames.com/onlinegames/freegamecodes/scoring , I was confused because it didn't show 175 gold for any of them so I don't know which tier to be at to obtain the Storm Beetle at.

Does the Storm Beetle cast the Storm Beetle spell and give me a blade enhancement if I receive one too?

I sent in a problem by contacting the support team and I don't know how to know if they've responded to me about the question I had earlier but I still have the reference number.
The best place to start to research on pets is here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

It shows what pets "could" get what talents when trained.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
Northlite on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
The best place to start to research on pets is here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

It shows what pets "could" get what talents when trained.
Okay, thanks. Is there anything else of those questions that you can help me with, like the storm beetle?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Arcainist on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:

There are lists of pets and their abilities on wizardcentral and also petnome project. If you look on their lists you will find out what pets can access what ability. But you can hatch abilities into a pet by hatching with a pet that already has the ability you want.

I think forum wise what ever the question pertains to is where i would put the thread.

Once again find those lists on the other sites and do some research.

If the beetle has the ability to cast it will cast at random. Also you will have to train it in the pet pavillion.

Some pets have may cast abilities but you will have to find which pets have which talents on the lists we have been mentioning.

they usually contact you with your email address on the account.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
Different pets have different abilities. One of the more common powers is granting the owner a specific card added to their deck, much as an amulet or wand does. The Storm Beetle is one of the few pets that gives multiple cards (multiple copies of the Storm Beetle spell) depending on its' age level.

By training a pet through games, or slowly gaining xp for it from feeding it items (pink dandelion seeds, for example), you can unlock talents it has. Many talents possessed by first generation pets are ones that only affect the pet, enhancing it's potential stats, or are subtle effects such as giving the wizard greater accuracy in one school of magic, improving his power pip chances, or granting a bit of armor. More visible talents take the form of various spells, some of which the wizard adds to his or her deck, and some of which the pet can cast by themselves. Pets with the "spritely" talent are particularly prone to be spammy, casting their Sprite spell multiple times in a battle, even multiple times in a single round.

But... until your pet gains a level, you don't know which talents they have.

Example: I have a Forest Cyclops. Right from the start, he gives me one Humongofrog spell card in my deck. After training him in the maze game and feeding him some healthy pet snacks, he gains a level, and manifests his first talent. It could be a 1 or 2% boost to the accuracy of my life spells. It could be greater strength or wits on his part. Or it could be a Pixie card, a second spell he gives to me that I can use. I won't know what his genes have in them until he's old enough (higher level) for the powers to manifest.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
Captain Clown on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
Different pets have different abilities. One of the more common powers is granting the owner a specific card added to their deck, much as an amulet or wand does. The Storm Beetle is one of the few pets that gives multiple cards (multiple copies of the Storm Beetle spell) depending on its' age level.

By training a pet through games, or slowly gaining xp for it from feeding it items (pink dandelion seeds, for example), you can unlock talents it has. Many talents possessed by first generation pets are ones that only affect the pet, enhancing it's potential stats, or are subtle effects such as giving the wizard greater accuracy in one school of magic, improving his power pip chances, or granting a bit of armor. More visible talents take the form of various spells, some of which the wizard adds to his or her deck, and some of which the pet can cast by themselves. Pets with the "spritely" talent are particularly prone to be spammy, casting their Sprite spell multiple times in a battle, even multiple times in a single round.

But... until your pet gains a level, you don't know which talents they have.

Example: I have a Forest Cyclops. Right from the start, he gives me one Humongofrog spell card in my deck. After training him in the maze game and feeding him some healthy pet snacks, he gains a level, and manifests his first talent. It could be a 1 or 2% boost to the accuracy of my life spells. It could be greater strength or wits on his part. Or it could be a Pixie card, a second spell he gives to me that I can use. I won't know what his genes have in them until he's old enough (higher level) for the powers to manifest.
Thank you very much. I feel that you are very helpful.