Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about Gardening:

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
I'm just now becoming more serious about gardening and I need some help. How close do items have to be to the seeds to affect them? I'm talking about the Weapon Racks, Gnomes, etc.

I'd like to maximize the results for my garden so I don't want to waste space on "furniture" if I don't have to.
Thanks in advance.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
dont put them on top of them but put them a couple of spaces in front, behind or side to side

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What I do is make sure I have an area clear of items, then plop as many of the type of dirt I need to be covered by a Level 3 gardening spell. I can get 27 MEDIUM plots covered by a bunch of Level 3 spells and only have to cast them once. my rows are as follows:

X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X
X X

I hope all the spacing stays true. It ALMOST looks like a heart. I find that in order to guarantee I line it up right, I have to go to the LAST row (the one with 2 plots in it), spin my character around so Im facing the 2-plot row, and then plop down my gardening field. If I do that, I can cast L5 Bug Killers (25 energy), L3 Sun (15 Energy), L3 Water (15 Energy), L3 Bees (15 Energy) and L3 Music (15 Energy), for a total of 85 (our of 86) energy used, and do it twice a day without any issues. I'm a Grandmaster Gardener and until I need to do any new gardening, I'm gonna stick with the medium plots of land cause I have TONS of seeds and very little fuss with this method :)

Now that you know that, you also need to know that I have a weapons rack 6 paces, one of those Mooshu guard towers 3 paces, an "urned plant" 2 paces, and a larger concrete statue about 4 paces away from the same grouping of plots. my advise to you is to keep them far enough away so you can see clearly, and it not interfere with your walking to harvest your plants and don't worry about it :)

Hope this helps

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
Thank you morph250 & dayerider, I will try this as soon as I can.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
If you ever find some Malestrom Snapdragon, dont throw them away or sell them. You can buy some from a guy in Nordrilund ( I think, might be one of the other four places) in Wintertusk. In my opinion, they are the best plant because they give you a lot of Aether and Sunstones during a regular harvest, plus vines and braided vines when you elder harvest them. They require a large soil plot, but you might be able to fit 9 or 12 into a "rank 3 growing spell" zone.

They do not give amber, however, which I have heard and experienced happens to be the most difficult reagent to find.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
It depends on how you garden and what kind of wizard house you have. Besides it is your garden! Furniture does not affect your garden, but giving it space would be a good idea.

Bestwizardever28