Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Choosing what pet you get when you hatch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
I think that you should be able to choose what pet you get when you hatch. I hatched a ton of times and about 75% of the time i get my own pet and i am so mad. So I think it would be cool if we would be able to choose what pet you get when you hatch. So when both wizards press the hatch button then they would come to a screen with all of the options of pets that they could get from the pets that they are hatching with. For example if you would hatch a Wraith and an Orthrus together then they would give you the options of getting a Wraith, an Orthrus, a Nightwalker, or a Grimtooth and then you would pick one and then you would get that pet. Another example would be a Brave Hound with a Fierce Hound together you could choose between getting the Brave Hound or the Fierce Hound. So if you think that this is a good idea plz comment.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Bowler121212 on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
I think that you should be able to choose what pet you get when you hatch. I hatched a ton of times and about 75% of the time i get my own pet and i am so mad. So I think it would be cool if we would be able to choose what pet you get when you hatch. So when both wizards press the hatch button then they would come to a screen with all of the options of pets that they could get from the pets that they are hatching with. For example if you would hatch a Wraith and an Orthrus together then they would give you the options of getting a Wraith, an Orthrus, a Nightwalker, or a Grimtooth and then you would pick one and then you would get that pet. Another example would be a Brave Hound with a Fierce Hound together you could choose between getting the Brave Hound or the Fierce Hound. So if you think that this is a good idea plz comment.
The Pet you get is totally random. If you are not happy with that pet, simply hatch again, young Wizard.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I wish you could choose the graphic also. To many times ive hatched with winter owls and nutcrackers getting the same pet over and over. Very frustrating.