Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the deal?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
Why did I finish DS at such a low lvl? (44) I understand that there are side quests but I have to work off of side quests for another 4 levels until CL?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
DrakePrenup on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Why did I finish DS at such a low lvl? (44) I understand that there are side quests but I have to work off of side quests for another 4 levels until CL?
The first part of the game does not set many level restrictions for you to worry about but as you progress you are going to find more and more things and the worlds that will require you to be a certain level to do.

It maybe because KI would rather you don't ram your wizard though the Spiral or they don't want your experience to be a poor one because you are really not that equipped for the challenges to come.

Unless you have others to sort of carry you though CL is going to be much harder for you so you need to be a certain level to even start to equip your wizard for it.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Yeah im asually at least level 50 when finishing DS but then i do every side quest up to where im at just so the game is easier at the point im in.

You had to skip something somewhere.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This is what happens when you skip those side quests. You get to these higher areas too soon. At this point, you will have to do the Labyrinth at least once more, maybe twice.
Go back and do all the side quests you've skipped.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Dragonspyre_Quest_Tree

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
hey there- did you do side quests? if so, you'll finish each world at a much-higher level than if you don't.

4 of my wizards have now beaten malistaire, and only one (my now-promethean balance) did side quests. she finished dragonspyre at level 52ish, followed by level 49 for death and 48 for storm. but my life wizard is having the same problem as you.

tavia beat malistaire last night at level 46; after bumbling through the remainder of grizzleheim, which gives terrible xp, she is now level 47, but still can't get into cl or wintertusk until level 48 (unless that's changed). if you figure out a solution to this issue, let me know and i'll return the favour.

-von
90 balance, 85 death, 65 storm, 47 life, 25 myth, 24 ice, 22 fire, attack of the noobs.

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
No, thats not true. You should be atleast level 50 in Celestia. (You don't HAVE to, but it will be much easier. Not EASY, but EASIER) I think you should lay back on Celestia and finish all your side quests. (Except maybe Grizzleheim, it's kinda long. I am in Celestia but I am still in Ravenscar for Grizzleheim.)Hope this helps!