Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lower level

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
I know how you feel. One time my best friend Victoria Drake ported into me on Frostbranch. she did help, but it took twice as long than just soloing it. But then again, i am ice and can't really pack the blows that i need to kill my enemies.

@wvgagirl i have to say, you are really nice comparing to the other lvl 2 noobs sending me constant requests in commons, then if i accept they follow me to Azteca..... now i am stuck with moon skull zombies axe quest cause they wont leave me alone and just get me killed

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Shadow warrior on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
I know how you feel. One time my best friend Victoria Drake ported into me on Frostbranch. she did help, but it took twice as long than just soloing it. But then again, i am ice and can't really pack the blows that i need to kill my enemies.

@wvgagirl i have to say, you are really nice comparing to the other lvl 2 noobs sending me constant requests in commons, then if i accept they follow me to Azteca..... now i am stuck with moon skull zombies axe quest cause they wont leave me alone and just get me killed
I would make a suggestion and one I used to use when adding lower levels to my high level wizards. One of the conditions was they never ported to me in a high level world. If they did, it was automatic removal from my lists. I don't have that problem now because all those on my list even with low level wizards are close friends and like me, they will not power level their wizards or assist anyone to do so. Power leveling defeats the purpose of the game and in my opinion is equal to cheating on a final exam......

If you are having problems with some of lower level porting, your best option is to remove them.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I feel if you have already completed the game a few times then letting a higher level assist you to speed things up is far from cheating in my book. Its sort of like skipping the tutorial in the beginning when youve already done it before. Besides that the xp has been nerfed drastic since a few updates ago for lower levels in high level instances.

But everyone has a different opinion on things.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 15, 2013 wrote:
I feel if you have already completed the game a few times then letting a higher level assist you to speed things up is far from cheating in my book. Its sort of like skipping the tutorial in the beginning when youve already done it before. Besides that the xp has been nerfed drastic since a few updates ago for lower levels in high level instances.

But everyone has a different opinion on things.
my level 90 wizard does help my noobs out, but she doesn't power-level them; they fight their own battles.

the only low-level wizards on my buddy list belong to existing friends, whom i trust not to take advantage of me. and yes, i do know the power of quequeg's super-ice wizard- that woman is a tank, i say! A TANK!

doesn't matter if you've completed the game before or not. i have 2 wizards (arch and promethean) in azteca, trans in avalon, master theurgist in grizzletusk. but they have all worked their way up, and i will never power-level any of my wizards or anyone else's.

-von

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
i have only have had this happen to me once or twice actually and both times it was a bother. first time i think i had my dragon ready and some blades stacked so i was just fine but the second time i was fighting fire mobs and i had just spent all my pips and was low on health, also the guy who joined fled right after he draged that extra guy in.

for some low levels its wanting to see the new world but i think for others its just to be a troll(and not the funny kind). i would just love to know what there thinking when there in azteca and they just run straight into your battle. i mean seariously do they just expect some random high level to keep you healed and battle the mobs at the same time even though they have no idea who you are? if they think were invincible or something were not.

what lastday said is true if your all set up for mutlible targets your just fine and i to sometimes ask friends to port to me just so i can get quest done quicker it just there all really high levels as i do not alow low levels on my friends list.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dr Von on Mar 15, 2013 wrote:
my level 90 wizard does help my noobs out, but she doesn't power-level them; they fight their own battles.

the only low-level wizards on my buddy list belong to existing friends, whom i trust not to take advantage of me. and yes, i do know the power of quequeg's super-ice wizard- that woman is a tank, i say! A TANK!

doesn't matter if you've completed the game before or not. i have 2 wizards (arch and promethean) in azteca, trans in avalon, master theurgist in grizzletusk. but they have all worked their way up, and i will never power-level any of my wizards or anyone else's.

-von
Agreed. I also use my higher level wizards to assit my lower leveled ones. None are power leveled and won't help others power level. As Von has stated, we trust the friend swe have and none will port a lower lvl wizard. If any needs help, we will switch to the appropriate wizard if a higer lvl is needed. And Von is not bragging, Her Ice is a TANK

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Mar 16, 2013 wrote:
Agreed. I also use my higher level wizards to assit my lower leveled ones. None are power leveled and won't help others power level. As Von has stated, we trust the friend swe have and none will port a lower lvl wizard. If any needs help, we will switch to the appropriate wizard if a higer lvl is needed. And Von is not bragging, Her Ice is a TANK
it's true~ she is a tank. i can only hope that, one day, my ice wizard is anywhere near as awesome as quequeg's.

i'm the same way. i love having multiplayer mounts, too, so i can cart the noobs around with me... saves me switching screens all the time, lol.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
wvgagirl on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 39 Fire and I ALWAYS Ask my high level friends before I port. Those people y'all fight are crazy and I wold hate my friends to have to fight more if I could not. So I know I really have no say in this but people my level should have more respect for y'all.
Heh, I wish I had more lowbie friends like you then I wouldn't have nary a problem befriending them more!

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
gamelover008 on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
I was just wondering does anyone get irritated when you quest in azteca and lower level joined? Like lvl 30 and lower. Azteca is hard enough. Because I do. I just wish they put a block in it or at least a notice if someone can join in.
Read my post on Lower Levels invade Celestia for my opinion on this.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Dr Von on Mar 15, 2013 wrote:

-von
I think powerleveling and having a high level help you on things are 2 very different things.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
It's very annoying when lower levels such as, masters and lower join. This is because they pull mobs who are hard when there are 2 of the mobs and then we have something that probably has twice the health the low level has. Its so annoying.

Danielle Flower, Level 80, almost 81 Life Wizard

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
GraceTheSwash on Mar 27, 2013 wrote:
It's very annoying when lower levels such as, masters and lower join. This is because they pull mobs who are hard when there are 2 of the mobs and then we have something that probably has twice the health the low level has. Its so annoying.

Danielle Flower, Level 80, almost 81 Life Wizard
Annoying ,yes . Will it ever stop, probably not . So only good advice is to make your deck ready for 4 mobs from the start.

This is a much better plan than just accepting defeat because of additional mobs joining in.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I've been to Azteca once and once i saw the enemies in action i knew i would never port to a friend for no reason unless they wanted help there. The enemies went critical almost every single attack and i died for having low critical block. (I was only level 53) Even now that i have a higher critical block and more powerful armor and spells I still wouldnt go. But now I understand how frustrating it would be for a lower level to join, die, or flee, and leave an extra enemy behind. It happens and nothing can be done about it. Good Luck!

Jack DarkRider
Lvl 69 Fire Wizard

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
I ALWAYS port in to Azteca but BARLEY die.Whenever I was helping a friend someone ported into a battle(lvl 34 balance wizard) and an enemy critical ed a levy and he died.Then in another battle he ported again.He did at least 8 times.He died 9 times and I died once.I had to not allow friend ports after that.It happens in Dragonspyre also (I should be in Celestia but help others too much) but this time they were levels 1-12.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
gamelover008 on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
I was just wondering does anyone get irritated when you quest in azteca and lower level joined? Like lvl 30 and lower. Azteca is hard enough. Because I do. I just wish they put a block in it or at least a notice if someone can join in.
I am pretty sure you can prevent your own friends from going to you...

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
Destroya SpiritBre... on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
I think all of us upper level players have been complaining about this for a very long time and still, nothing has been done about it. Oh, it's also really great when they die and expect you to heal them, or when they flee and you're stuck in a 1v3 battle. I love it so much.

-Brianna SpiritBreeze Promethean Life
I am a lvl 42 balance wizard and I have been to most if Azteca and I have only died once or twice. I have been to dungeons and bosses there and have killed some. Plus, I have member and if I am not " welcome there" what is the point?! I have a problem with that! You cannot go telling people if they can or cannot come! Everyone should be welcome!

Scarlet Spellheart lvl 42 balance wizard

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
whatup1923 on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
I am a lvl 42 balance wizard and I have been to most if Azteca and I have only died once or twice. I have been to dungeons and bosses there and have killed some. Plus, I have member and if I am not " welcome there" what is the point?! I have a problem with that! You cannot go telling people if they can or cannot come! Everyone should be welcome!

Scarlet Spellheart lvl 42 balance wizard
I am astounded that a level 42 wizard can regularly survive solo battles in Azteca. Ability to solo battles is the only measure of your capacity to contribute equally in team based battle.

Upon reflection I just don't believe you. Simple as that. Even if you are relying on a higher wizard to pull you through. Level 42 wizards can not equip critical block gear. You can not survive Alto Alto and beyond without dying and porting repeatedly.

Sorry Scarlet. The only possible way you could survive is by jumping into battle circles late and play defensively so you don't draw enemy attention. If the first 2500+ hit doesn't kill you the next one would. This means you are doing nothing but leeching.

~ RottenHeart

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
I think powerleveling and having a high level help you on things are 2 very different things.
yes, there is a difference~

high-level wizard assisting low-level friend to complete her own quests: helping.
low-level wizard porting to high-level friend in a world not unlocked by quest prog for xp gain: power-leveling.

-von

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
The low levels thinks high levels can do everything. I've posted on this thread before, now I am level 83 in Saltmeadow Swamp. I where going to the commons, and I randomly met one of my friends (who are using to play on greyrose, like me). I asked if she could help me with Ponce de Gibbon, and a low level came:

Me: Can you help me with Ponce de Gibbon, please?

Friend: Sure!

Low level: Why not do it yourself, you are a high level...

Me: Kingsisle are making bigger challenges for high levels.

Low level: Can you gift me?

And then I am like ''what?'' My friend and I defeated Ponce, and didn't care about the low level. Here is something some (not all) low levels have to learn:

1. High levels can't do everything.
2. High levels don't always have crowns, they don't get 100, 000 free!
3. (Not only for low levels) People are not gifting random people they don't know.
And back to the thread: 4. High levels can't take care of a low level just because the low level is a circle jumper (I wasn't sure how to say that) xD

Jonathan Frogheart - Archmage Thaumaturge

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I have a complaint too: I was in Alto Alto battling one of those bird mobs, and this other person kept following me. He was a level 87 and could not even handle 1 mob before dying. I believe his gear is really bad, but he is menu chat and alas I cannot tell him. He had about:

30% damage for his school
0% resist to all
less than 80 critical block to all schools
nearly 300 critical for his school, which the enemies always blocked

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Dominooooo on Apr 20, 2013 wrote:
I have a complaint too: I was in Alto Alto battling one of those bird mobs, and this other person kept following me. He was a level 87 and could not even handle 1 mob before dying. I believe his gear is really bad, but he is menu chat and alas I cannot tell him. He had about:

30% damage for his school
0% resist to all
less than 80 critical block to all schools
nearly 300 critical for his school, which the enemies always blocked
I must agree that it is very common for properly leveled random wizards in azteca to be not very good and are generally an overall burden if they join you. I think it's because the game jumped a level of difficulty that many players are not ready for. Gone are the days that you can just throw attack spells at the enemy.

Playing with my (underleveled) young daughter in first arc worlds is such a contrast. We can go anywhere and fight anything and generally survive whatever gets thrown at us. Anybody can jump into our battles and it doesn't matter. More the merrier!

I can certainly understand why some first-time wizards that are underleveled don't understand the issues with porting and jumping. Many of the underleveled jumpers aren't just underpowered... they aren't very good either. And they don't realize they aren't very good! They don't play what they have very effectively.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
Yeah, it's annoying. Like when you're fighting, and you're about to use Scarecrow or Rain of Fire and finish them, and someone else joins and gets another enemy to come, and then dies right away. Then for the whole time all their saying is "Heal me! Heal me!" So you try to go on, and they hate you for the rest of the time you're on.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
I (sort of) know how you guys feel. This one dude was like level two, and he teleported to me when i was battling pops o'leary (I was helping a friend) and he died, and he insisted on me to heal him. I had a satyr but decided to kill pops with a nice ol' humongofrog . This game is sort of like the Hunger Games, you watch them die, or avenge them. They have to be prepared for what there battling against.

Tavia WyrmPyre

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Dominooooo on Feb 26, 2013 wrote:
I hopped into a battle with 4 Monquistans and I was only in late ZF or very early AV.

As it turns out, the strongest person in that battle was ME, the next strongest was a fire who was a mid legendary up to a low transcendent.
My brother teleported because he thought it was interesting (MooShu level at the time) and his life friend who didn't heal well (Magus or Adept) was already there.
I literally did all the work. I polymorphed into a Treant and revived everyone in the battle (fire guy and my brother, life fled) and I defeated all of the enemies.
The Monquistans are easy compared to the higher level part of Azteca.

Cool story, that would not happen if I, or any Azteca person was there.
Looks like more non-Azteca people.
Yea, that only works for the Monquistans, if you ported when there was a boss or for example gold frill spike horns, which I just battled, everyone including you would be dead when celestial calender, basilik or medusa came at the first three rounds. Polymorphing won't cut it in Azteca, never will, especially Treant, if you faced those gold frill spike horns with Treant, low health + Boost to that polymorph + No critical block = YOU dead in first round. What is this supposed to prove?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
Everyone always underestimates low levels. I met a low level kid who was extremely kind. He had tons of treasure cards and was a big help. He healed us all, and used damage attacks. (treasure cards) I do see your point of view, for instance, the level 10 life kid entering your battle and just using imp and minor healing. Gets annoying.