Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

unmanifested talents in new pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2011
A new pet sea dragon has gotten 3 talents that i dont like. I know that the sea dragon has great talents that i do want still in it. but these did not manifest in the new pet. I know that when the talents that manifest in a pet are passed on the offspring will have a strong chance to only have talents that manifested in the parents.
So here is the question.I spent 12500 crowns for a pet that has garbage show up as first 3 talents. do I toss it out and buy another ? or is there a way to get some of the other talents that are in it to come out

Thank You

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
I did this many years ago. I bought two sea dragons from the shop and won one from a pack someplace. Both sea dragons failed and i took them to epic the max at the time. One had spell proof, health gift, disarm and accuracy. The other had pierce, heath gift sprite and disarm.

Through many many self hatches I finally was able to get one with spell proof, sprite, accuracy and disarm card. Though using this same sea dragon i was able to get the same talents into a life bull except no disarm card it was the following

spell proof, sprite, pain giver, sharp shot.

Now this could happen in just a few hatches or tons depends on your luck! All the above was about 75 hatches this was the best i could do back then.

Now its high end if stats wont generate a good enough number i trash the egg, if the wrong pet shows i trash the egg also if a talent i don't want shows up i again trash the egg unless its the only one of that pet model then i suffer through more hatching :)

Friends will hatch with you to improve you pet, I do this alot thing is i cant always do that I have my own projects and things I work on myself. I hatched one time with a low level friend one time!

his pet was amazing
Proof, defy, sprite, fairy (at epic) not mega yet hes only level 13 but still amazing for his first hatch ever with a bum pet with no special talents. ( i never had that kind of luck or a friend to donate a hatch)

Good luck! I would not buy another dragon only 2 of the 10 slots are really desirable sprite and proof if they show.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
If your pet is at ancient and has nothing you want you better give it up with that pet. Hatch him if you can or just buy a new one but dont waste your time or money with that pet.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Hatching with other pets that have the traits you desire is the only way to get a better pet. There are no pets that will manifest great traits on their own and the first time. It may take numerous hatches before the desired traits are achieved! Good Luck!