Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Really storm?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 28, 2010
I am a storm and i see storm wizards and all they have is critical? really?
You need block!
unless you are going to 2v2 or 3v3 etc or whatever then you need block.Mobs and bosses critical these days and that's why you will die! It's true there is no point in having all this critical just to not block a critical and die in one hit

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lordfuzzywubbums on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
You need block!
unless you are going to 2v2 or 3v3 etc or whatever then you need block.Mobs and bosses critical these days and that's why you will die! It's true there is no point in having all this critical just to not block a critical and die in one hit
it's a trade-off: high damage, low everything else. if storm had high stats across the board, it would be overpowered and quite unfair to the other schools.

that being said, it all depends on how you build your wizard. a diviner with the right gear setup should not have a problem blocking critical hits~ as an example, i'll give you my stats:

sestiva stormblade
legendary (64)

health 2432
mana 524

damage +85
resist +27 universal
accuracy +25 storm, +14 universal
critical rating 130
block 68 universal
power pips +75
incoming heal +14

her block rating isn't great, but will be getting some new gear for her when she levels to 65.

-von/sestiva
legendary diviner of amazing amazingness.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
lordfuzzywubbums on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
You need block!
I sort of agree for the newer worlds. My crit is at zero from avalon on because its useless to waste on it when every mob crit blocks like 90% of the time.