Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Ever Happened to Bartleby's Eye?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2009
It's a question wizards have been asking continuously after defeating Malistaire in the first story arc and not getting it back. What ever happened to Bartleby's missing eye? We were told (if I remember correctly) that Milistaire had something to do with it, but he never did... this may lead to supposition that Malistaire could've passed on the eye to someone else, Morganthe!!! It makes perfect sense to me. Hopefully we find out in the final world of the Morganthe arc? What do you guys think?

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
That would be awesome if we could return Bartleby's eye. I hope we do. You are right though, Malistaire did have something to do with it, I forget what

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I was literally about to post about this. Thanks for taking my thread idea.

Anyways, I think this is what the 3rd or 4th arc should be based on. A race between you and some "evil creature" of the spiral racing to find a way to get his eye.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
He stole it (the eye of history) i think its because he didnt want bartleby telling ambrose where he is traveling

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
KorekuEternal on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
It's a question wizards have been asking continuously after defeating Malistaire in the first story arc and not getting it back. What ever happened to Bartleby's missing eye? We were told (if I remember correctly) that Milistaire had something to do with it, but he never did... this may lead to supposition that Malistaire could've passed on the eye to someone else, Morganthe!!! It makes perfect sense to me. Hopefully we find out in the final world of the Morganthe arc? What do you guys think?
does this have anything to do with my reply to you (i think it was you) on the azteca boards? lol.

as for the eye, i still think that...

1) he buried it with sylvia (bad idea);
2) gave it to morganthe (even worse idea);
3) lost it somewhere (just bad planning), or
4) we'll have to fight him in the next world to get it back.

that's part of why i'd hoped for a sequel~ so many unresolved plot-holes. now that we got our comeback, perhaps we'll figure out what really went on.

-von/shadowsong
level 90 balance, 83 death, the rest...

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Dr Von on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
does this have anything to do with my reply to you (i think it was you) on the azteca boards? lol.

as for the eye, i still think that...

1) he buried it with sylvia (bad idea);
2) gave it to morganthe (even worse idea);
3) lost it somewhere (just bad planning), or
4) we'll have to fight him in the next world to get it back.

that's part of why i'd hoped for a sequel~ so many unresolved plot-holes. now that we got our comeback, perhaps we'll figure out what really went on.

-von/shadowsong
level 90 balance, 83 death, the rest...
lol Depends what the Azteca thread was about. All I know is that we've mingled before in some posts (remember the one with mana burn glitch?).

But yeah, you're right, there's a lot of things that haven't been answered yet from the first arc. Either KI is going to answer our questions in the next (and most likely last) world of the Morganthe arc, or god forbid KI is going to not answer these questions and hope we don't notice (we WILL notice lol.)

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
It was prolly a shaving accident

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Wait guys... What about on the final boss of Azteca's staff? That looks like it could be it!

@cheryl
I lol'ed.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
In the beginning, Bartleby was given two eyes from Grandmother Raven. One eye could see the past and the other could see the future. As Bartleby said, he remembers Malistaire threatning him to give him the Eye of the Past. You see, if Bartleby didn't give the eye, he could be destroyed and the whole spiral could fall. If you have ever been to Wintertusk, there are three birds. One can see the past, one can see the future, and the other one I forgot what she did. I think that these birds are related to Grandmother Raven somehow. So um yeah I have no idea where his eye went. I would suspect Malistaire to have it.

Ashley
Level 60 Fire

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I think he lost it in a game of wizard chess with ambrose.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Rony The Turtle on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
Wait guys... What about on the final boss of Azteca's staff? That looks like it could be it!

@cheryl
I lol'ed.
That...
is a very good observation.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
KorekuEternal on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
The story of Bartelby's missing eye is...One night, Malistare was wandering around Ravenwood and stumbled upon The Storm Prof. They talked and he left the Storm School. He took out a knife and cut Bartelby's eye right out. Then he left, he thought he had no clues left behind but...the knife he had was right next to Bartelby! That's when the Council of Light began to form.