Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happens to defeated opponents?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
What happens to opponents that get defeated in battle. Do they disappear or simply weaken?

I think they weaken because:

1. I would be cruel if the Spiral Cup competitors that lost disappeared.

2. Cyrus Drake becomes your guide through DragonSpyre after you defeat him.

3. Khai Amahte the Great is in good enough condition to rejoin the order of the fang after you defeat him.

I think they disappear because:

1. The narrator states after many boss battles that they disappear.

2. Krokhotep turns into a ghost who guides you through the Tomb of Storms after you defeat him.

So which one is it? Do they disappear, or weaken, or somehow both?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
MaxZ2000 on Jan 28, 2013 wrote:
What happens to opponents that get defeated in battle. Do they disappear or simply weaken?

3. Khai Amahte the Great is in good enough condition to rejoin the order of the fang after you defeat him.

2. Krokhotep turns into a ghost who guides you through the Tomb of Storms after you defeat him.

I think they just accept defeat and move on.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
MaxZ2000 on Jan 28, 2013 wrote:

It depends.
Cyrus surely doesn't weaken or disappear.
Defeat is just that...we don't "kill" anyone so they don't disappear from life, they just go about their business.

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
Yea, we "defeat" them, not kill them :D

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
For starters, if you're talking about street opponents, (not street bosses) they just disappear for a few seconds and then reappear in a different place. If that didn't happen, then there would be a shortage of monsters to defeat, and that would definitely cause problems (especially if you had to collect a lot of things.)

If you're talking about bosses, well the quests ones (if defeated) are just like us really. You defeat them, they talk to you (or thank you for freeing them or something) and then they reappear back in the tower (or occasionally the street) and you can defeat them numerous times over and over. If they didn't have that then the term "farming" wouldn't exist.

I hope this helped answer your question!
~Maddie

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
Well, I thinks its the magic. You don't actually hurt them.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
You "defeat" them. (except for monsters and Malistare….those die.)

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Both :)

Belloq (3 Points): "Wait, hold your final spell! I have some information that will be of interest to you!"

Some other bosses: No final speech, gone forever if you do not defeat a second time.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
i judge it off of how they die. Like the rotting fodder goes into the ground and dies maybe, while Cyrus Drake or Chester Droors just says hey you weakened me good job blah blah blah.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Do we 'defeat' them or 'defeet' them? lol. Maybe it depends on if they're a serious villain or not.