Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
i think ice spells need to be stronger. these new worlds were you are stuck playing single quest and have two bosses or one boss and two minions gets agrivating to try and kill. the fire dragon or rain of volcano in fire does more damage then the angel of death in ice.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
tobydesmith on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
i think ice spells need to be stronger. these new worlds were you are stuck playing single quest and have two bosses or one boss and two minions gets agrivating to try and kill. the fire dragon or rain of volcano in fire does more damage then the angel of death in ice.
Ice spells are suppose to be the weakest damaging spells of all schools, well tied with balance and life, they're not going to make the spells any stronger, instead they're just going to give some helpful side effects.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
this is true, I am a fire wizard, but one of my best friends is Ice on here, me and him usually quest together, so he don't have to hard of a time, not to mention our other friend is storm, our questing group is quite strong, but the biggest thing i have noticed with ice is its Resistance possibilities, with the right set up Ice is kind of like a bullet proof vest, it is set to have more resistance than any of the other schools, now everything has a trade off, for all of this resistance you have to give up power.....its all a part of the checks and balances that are needed to keep everything fair, for instance, storm and fire hit hard, but are not well known for its resistance, and fire don't even have a spell for healing, except for that one that heals for like 250,

so I want to add to the proposal, Give ICE a hard hitting spell, and give FIRE the ability to actually heal....Give storm a little more resistance, I think the power cap of 100 should allow us to strengthen our weakness points,

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Yes, Fire Spells have more base-damage, but Ice has higher Health and Defences: Tower Shield, Volcanic Shield, Legion Shield, all these stacked up together make Thaumaturges last more rounds than a Pyromancer or a Diviner.

As Professor Greyrose says, "with persistance, victory is assured."

Get Sharpened Blade and Potent trap, they help alot.

#popcicool7777777

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Last night, while questing with my ice wizard in Mangrove Marsh, I faced a life boss with a death minion (can't remember name). Since I was facing a boss, I asked two of my friends if they wanted to join me for a chance at turquoise. As always when I am playing my ice in a group, I went first to absorb all the attacks. After using my global, blades and traps, I was able to kill boss and minion with a frost giant. I had to laugh when one of my friends said to the other, "and why are we here?"

The moral of this story is simple...unlike some other schools, Ice can take the hits while setting up for a massive attack. Fire and Storm have less health so need the harder hits so they can kill quicker without getting defeated.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life
Hannah Storyforge Level 82 Ice

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I find that Ice isn't made for damage. If you have resist and health (along with a little damage and accuracy) you should come out just fine in a fight.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
Actually no, I think your attacks are just fine, Ice is like the easiest to solo with, they have the highest resist and Highest Health too.You have plenty of buffs to use to make your attacks stronger. The reason fire does more damage than you is because they are a damage based school, which ice is not.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ice spells are fine. Just like all other schools. If you play Ice correctly, it can be very powerful. You need to work on learning how to make you wizard more powerful, and not depending on KI to boost Ice's spells. It won't happen.
*FYI, they have already boosted Colossus.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Ice is one of the schools with the lowest base spell damage, and has the lowest base spell damage, and the lowest damage boost of the elemental schools. It does take more buffing with blades and traps to get a good hit, but that's why Ice has higher health and resist. We can take a hitting while we build up for damage.

It's not easy but, honestly, once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature on what you need to do to defeat the mob/boss.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I do agree with you. If you want to put more damage to your ice spells, I suggest making your secondary school balance, or putting more traps into your deck.

Best of luck!
-Angela D.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Ice focus more on defense then the offense. Just got to learn how to deal with it.
Sorry, it's too late for them to change it.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Ice spells are weak because ice has a lot of health and too much resist. Storm for example, high damage but low health, each school has their pros and cons.