Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Proving Ice is not "too strong" - laughable

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
Hey all. Just a quick note to everyone, especially those who think that Ice wizards are too strong in pvp, even with the new jade gear that gives 70 resist. This is not the first time this has happened to me in the last two days either.

Just wanted to do a quick match before I head to work, and my Captain Fire wiz faced a Warlord Ice. Not only did I set up to win the match against him and his colossal minion (or whatever their called), but he was so unsportsman like he logged ("glitched") out of the game. People like that just crack me up. They want the coveted warlord badge and gear, but can't take it when they lose. I know some of y'all get mad about that, but try and see the humor in it. I do.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
Your post proves nothing. Ice is overpowered end of story.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
stevespeaks on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
Hey all. Just a quick note to everyone, especially those who think that Ice wizards are too strong in pvp, even with the new jade gear that gives 70 resist. This is not the first time this has happened to me in the last two days either.

Just wanted to do a quick match before I head to work, and my Captain Fire wiz faced a Warlord Ice. Not only did I set up to win the match against him and his colossal minion (or whatever their called), but he was so unsportsman like he logged ("glitched") out of the game. People like that just crack me up. They want the coveted warlord badge and gear, but can't take it when they lose. I know some of y'all get mad about that, but try and see the humor in it. I do.
Oh ya? im level 52 life (i can pull off a super powerful attack as to 12,000+ damage) and i was facing off against a ice wizard (i new that as soon as he cast a colloses minon) i had no clue as to what level he was. After he defeated me i found out he was... get this, level 45!!! Im 7 levels ahead of him and in a different world!!! And he beat me that shows that either lce is ver powered or... just maybey life is under powered!!! KI please fix this some how!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Archon01 on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
Your post proves nothing. Ice is overpowered end of story.
And what proof do you have exactly? You not defeating Ice does not make them overpowered, just overpowered to you.

Others have accepted the challenge, hence they pvp, and have defeated Ice. Hmmm, wonder why they call it PvP, maybe because it is player vs player and based on skill, not ability to whine, complain, and call the schools that defeat you overpowered?

I got cheese, hope that helps!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
Darth JT on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
And what proof do you have exactly? You not defeating Ice does not make them overpowered, just overpowered to you.

Others have accepted the challenge, hence they pvp, and have defeated Ice. Hmmm, wonder why they call it PvP, maybe because it is player vs player and based on skill, not ability to whine, complain, and call the schools that defeat you overpowered?

I got cheese, hope that helps!
Actually I have empirical data. I watched several matches (30 or more) ranked 1vs1 (storm vs Ice) and out of all those matches about 99% of those matches were won by Ice. With their >5K life and immunity to storm and fire they can sit there all day and wand you to death. Is that fair to you? if it is then you are probably an Ice. Oh and did I mention high resist to all other schools too? good day my good sir. :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Archon01 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Actually I have empirical data. I watched several matches (30 or more) ranked 1vs1 (storm vs Ice) and out of all those matches about 99% of those matches were won by Ice. With their >5K life and immunity to storm and fire they can sit there all day and wand you to death. Is that fair to you? if it is then you are probably an Ice. Oh and did I mention high resist to all other schools too? good day my good sir. :)
30 or more matches and Ice almost always won? Hmmm, what were the ranks? What were the levels? What did the Storm do and use?

Just because you watched 30 ice vs storm matches does not mean imperical data, considering all the variables in that data. Now, if you seen 30 Storm Warlords vs 30 Ice Warlords and Ice always won, then maybe, but then, I am not sure how those 30 storm warlords ever got to warlord if they cant defeat Ice.

I have defeated Ice many times, even with them having 100% resistance to storm, so I know it can be done.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There is an abundance of gear to purchase or craft that all schools have access to that can make them immune to one or more schools.

Ice isn't the only school that has access to high resist so if someone wants to take PvP seriously, they would look and do some homework and find out what they can find gear-wise.

My L81 Balance wizard can have resist of 61 across the board, but I choose not to, because other stats would suffer greatly.

If Ice has 100% immunity to any schools, then stats suffer and will make the battle last much longer. To get that high of resist, damage boost can be severely reduced, power pip chances are really bad, possibly no healing boost, critical goes down, crit block goes down, and accuracy stinks.

Don't fool yourself ... immunity can be a detriment.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
Archon01 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
I have beaten three ice this week on my fire wiz, lost to one once. My advice, traps, feints and converts. Load them up. Trained and tc of all the traps and elemental traps you have. And no, you wont have to put up 100 of them. Actually, a tc feint and either a trained or pet feint both your opponent will more than compensate for the resist. Then it's up to whatever blades you want to add.

Some fights just can't be quick and easy. Sometimes we have to consider all options and patiently take our time with the kill.

BTW, this wasn't against ice, but a wizard with the new jade gear that provides high resist to all. Well, I accidently overloaded the traps. First time I have ever seen anyone get a 15,000+ hit point in pvp. :-D Take that Jade gear lovers!!

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Ices strong resist makes up for their loss of attack power and just base damage of attacks over all. This makes them tankers and survivors, not quick killers.