Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-14-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's Friday again, seems like it was just Monday! This week sure has gone quickly. Time flies when you're having fun. And flying time + Friday = time for Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

My question to you is twofold. What is your ONE favorite thing we've added to Wizard101 in 2012? What is the ONE thing that we added to the game that could have been better? Please keep that part constructive.

This will be the last Feedback Friday for 2012 (it's time for this Professor to take a long winter's nap by the fire) - I will be letting it run until January 4th. You'll have lots of time to think on this one if need be...

Cheers to a warm, happy, and safe winter holiday (and immediately, a wonderful weekend)! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
I like azteca and the new bundles. i just wish i could afford them XD

I think that the number of bugs should be payed more attention to, i always am getting stuck somewhere-Jfeana

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
Spells, spells, spells. I can't get enough of them and it's always nice to have options, you know? I use luminous weaver on my life mage and enjoy the extra effect of the weakness it puts on targets. I often opt for it over Seraph. Spells are definitely my favorite thing for 2012 and they're also what I wish would have been done a bit differently.

They're so hard to get in the packs and so difficult to craft. I don't have a solution, though - these spells shouldn't be easy to get and it would be unfair to change the crafting requirements now. So many have worked so hard to get the spells. Still, in the future, I think it'd be nice if we could all have new, non-essential spells that aren't too difficult to get a hold of. I think it adds an element of flavor and also a more personal touch to our play styles. A life wizard at a given level can be expected to use Seraph most of the time - but some (like me) will use luminous weaver and do less damage but also add a weakness. Mixes things up and creates a new type of life wizard.

That's my 2 crowns. Thanks for reading!

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
The thing I like most that you have added to the game this year is Azteca. It's very nicely designed and challenging enough to require time, effort, and strategy.

What I think you could have done better is the hoard packs. Many of the new ones are lacking content, just a few pieces of crafted furniture, a bunch of pets, and some not very good armor. I enjoy the packs that have a larger variety of items, so that when I purchase them, I almost get something different each time. On some of the new ones, I'd end up feeding my pets the same dresser or bed repeatedly.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
My favorite thing in 2012 has gotta be azteca. But for the new fire spell i would like it to be stronger.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, my One favorite thing added in 2012, was the Mega Pet! I love the fact that we can now get a 5th talent on our pets. Thank you so much for this!

My One thing added in 2012 that could have been better, is Crafted Gear, especially now in Azteca, it takes a lot to earn the crafting badge, it also takes a lot to get to free and get the recipes for crafting gear, but for what? Very little increases? Hardly worth the time and effort.

I would like the crafting gear to not go leaps and bounds like it has been, but be step ups from waterworks gear. I mean, with all the mastery amulets in Azteca and the enemy power pips, universal resistance is becoming a requirement, no a luxury. Critical is not really needed, as everything is blocked, even on storm and against mobs, so not sure what the purpose of having critical is even for. As for Block, you have to have as much block as we can get, or even more damage occurs. But, in order to get good block, we have to sacrifice power, accuracy, resistance, pips, etc.

I wish crafted gear would be reconsidered and balanced. We dont wish super upgrades, but gradual upgrades and stats that have an effect. Also, crafted wands with +2 pips would be a wonderful addition, make them no PVP of course, but still a great addition to the PVE storyline.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Professor Falmea on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's Friday again, seems like it was just Monday! This week sure has gone quickly. Time flies when you're having fun. And flying time + Friday = time for Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

My question to you is twofold. What is your ONE favorite thing we've added to Wizard101 in 2012? What is the ONE thing that we added to the game that could have been better? Please keep that part constructive.

This will be the last Feedback Friday for 2012 (it's time for this Professor to take a long winter's nap by the fire) - I will be letting it run until January 4th. You'll have lots of time to think on this one if need be...

Cheers to a warm, happy, and safe winter holiday (and immediately, a wonderful weekend)! ::grin::
I think most people will be saying Azteca because most of the quests I have completed were a maximum of 60,000+ exp. So, I will say the add-in of health to the Azteca Calendar Decks.

In reflecting on what could be changed, I have been wondering why most of the gear won in Avalon can't be sold in the Bazaar, or finding higher level gear that has a combination of critical hit and blocks, health and either attack or defense for school specific shoppers.

The only school I don't play (Death) is the one school I have plenty of gear for, so I usually head back to Wizard City, so that Eloise can give me half off my items. Unless my pets are scarfing the gear to give me a variety of things (Treasure Cards, Gold, Pet Experience or Reagents).

On a sidenote, if you know the answer, please tell me: When I get the quest at Level 84 to repair the Three Astral Schools in Three Points, will the spells like Sleet upgrade my Amplify, Fortify and Vengeance Cards?

Hope you have plenty of Evil Snowmen to toss in your fireplace this year,
Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 82) sitting on The White Pyramid sigil in Cenote

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well, the Avalon release was pretty good and you could of made a 15 level difference to solve puppet teams. (So if a level 80 wants to team up with a friend, you must be level 65+ and level 90, you can be 15 levels below them or higher to team up)

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Best part? Malistaire the Undying~ I loved him so much in the first arc, and I actually hugged my computer when I found out that you guys had brought him back. :)

*cue fan-girl swooning*

What to improve... uh, maybe give us drops that are useful? I can't tell you guys how many good Ice gear drops I've gotten, and I can't even use them because my Ice wizard is on my alt... Tara would be set for life, if only she were on my main account! So maybe allow item transfers between accounts that are part of the same "family" account?

That's it, KI~ stay awesome!
-von

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
The Sun School AZ spells to be specific but Azteca in general.

Im still unimpressed about the AZ moon school though, I think it is a waste of training points, well the whole school in general. It needs something more to be desired and having it at level 88 doesnt give it justice as to why spend points on them at that level.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Professor Falmea on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:

I like that you finally gave life a DoT

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
Being since first day, I have been a balance and still consider it my main I'll address what i think is unfair but of course first what I like.

Healing:

For the last 2 years healing in pvp YES PVP has been closer to impossible. With the addition of Critical and Pierce, 2 of the worst things to add to the 60 and 70. Pvp went from Skill to Critical Luck(hit a critical you win and with 20 to 30% critical vs 5 to 10% block it wasnt hard to hit the player without blocking) Healing suffered greatly and Lifes became more useless. At 90 so far i have to say...the pvp feels more balanced though i cant say its back to stable yet but at last HEALING is actually useful. Enough life wizards, friends, and even myself agreed pvp was a joke with CL update and ZF update and Avalon didnt really help, but at least it feels more balanced.

what I find wrong....picking one is almost impossible! So ill pick a Category.

BALANCE WIZARDS:

No Spears? I did play the test101 for AV update and thank god the other 2 spells are fixed but still no spear...We should have a spear even if its Self Use so at least we can catch up to the other wizards? Other types can one hit kill almost anything. Balances are lucky to hit 10 where most others its 20k plus never has to worry about what type they are fighting for left and right they get Boosts, and then their converts. Where have i ever seen a Balance boost? no need for covert.

Sabertooth? I mean...Spirit shield? Couldn't it have Drained of 25% or something? Give Balance a new aspect to more fulfill their Role as the Center all off the current Types? Maybe an DoT spell? Like a spell that does 4 Rounds of a Random Type or something?

To add to all the other things like Nova Vs Ra...Ra was ok till added Damage boost to Nova, Chimera was ok but not brilliant like most other schools....

It would be great if in the next update there could be alittle nicer focus on the balance not just of the wizard but the whole game.

Hope may look into

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I would like decks to have a second page and not just keep increasing in sideboard/higher school spell amounts. So many new spells, less room to carry all of them. This may have been said already.

Justin Goldrider - Level 57 Ice...
Jeremy Jade - Level 38 Life...
and my other wizards...
wish you a happy new year.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
My favorite thing about Wizard101 in 2012 was the release of avalon and probably the 12 days of spiral.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
hydra's hord pack or whatever the hydra one was and bad hing the number of bugs that are being ignored

Survivor
May 26, 2010
spotdog23 on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
My favorite thing about Wizard101 in 2012 was the release of avalon and probably the 12 days of spiral.
My favorite thing in 2012 was the Snowy Owl pet. I love owls (especially snowy owls) and could never understand why Headmaster Ambrose gets to have one and no one could get it as a pet besides him. Even though this was a seasonal item, I hope you make more owls. I'd love to someday have a huge collection of all different owls (I already have a huge collection of pets in general, but owls are SO cute!)
I also like Avalon, but one thing that would make it better is if there was a human King Arthur, a wizard Merlin, and later on you found out that Morganthe was actually Morgan La Fey but she changed her name!

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
Monsoon Jo on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
The Sun School AZ spells to be specific but Azteca in general.

Im still unimpressed about the AZ moon school though, I think it is a waste of training points, well the whole school in general. It needs something more to be desired and having it at level 88 doesnt give it justice as to why spend points on them at that level.
exactly, moon school spells are good at first for the people just starting celestia...but after a while the health is too low for your liking and it gets annoying when the spells aren't that good. perhaps more health for the higher level moon polymorphs? and possibly new spells? that would be fun!

also, polymorph treasure cards are basically stuck with you for life, or correct me if i'm wrong. you can't sell them at the bazaar, you can't trade them, and you don't like them or don't need them because you take moon school! my idea, why not have a special tab in the bazaar that is restricted to level 50 and above, for the ones that don't take moon school, so you can sell your polymorph treasure cards there. i love the polymoprhs (my life line in early celestia), but they didn't seem to get better as you progressed in levels

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
For the best thing this year, I would have to say everything new about pets. I am a HUGE collector of pets and this will make it easier for me to get good talents through my pets. Thank you Kingsisle!
My only complaint about the otherwise amazing updates is you don't update things quick fast enough. Its okay if it takes a while to update something but could you not get us excited three months before you release something? One month is fine for me thank you. :)

Thanks for giving us this awesome game and opportunity to give you feedback.

Your devoted player,
Elizabeth Spiritflame
Level 70 Fire Wizard

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
well, I like all the new storm spells that you have added. it really adds to my arsenal that I can yous against Morganthe and her armies. especially the spell, healing current. I can finally heal with power pips! referring to the second question, I do not think that there is too much that could use improvement. You guys did really good.

Administrator
Thanks to everyone who replied, and I hope you had a Happy Holiday and New Year! Now that we're really focusing on the nitty gritty details of 2013, I'll share these with the team! I'm glad there's a lot of love for Azteca - I really and truly enjoyed that one in a special way!

More Feedback Friday goodness in moments!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea