Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deer Knight

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Well, I finally crafted the Deer Knight spell and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how powerful a spell it really is. It hits as hard as pirate but to all enemies, and extra damage over time as well (when enchanted).
Those of you necromancers that are on the fence or are losing hope, keep working.
Awesome spell, both in animation and effects!
pods

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Hard to craft, but definitely worth it. Great to have when fighting a bunch of frost types.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Darby Watercaster on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
How do you get deer night?
As a trained spell you can either craft it, or it is a super rare drop in a card pack. (not sure which card pack)
Crafting requires a lot of rare reagents, and 12 amber. That is usually the limiting reagent in the process. Amber is only obtained through gardening. And it is a rare drop on an elder harvest on certain plants (see the amber threads). You can transmute it as well, but that seemed like more work than gardening and patience.
The recipe is in Avalon (dun dara IIRC) and you get access to the recipe for completing a quest. Legendary crafter is required to buy the recipe and craft the spell.
It took me 3+ months to get the required amber, with about half that time spent gardening 64 King Parsley's on one wizard and 37 on another.
The spell is awesome though, it is a huge hitter and you can toss it second round!.
Good luck!
pods

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
I was rather disappointed when looked at the crafting recipe for Deer knight. It required quite a lot of rare reagents and was it *cough* *cough* 2000 perfect citrines? Even for a spell that seems WAY over the top.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
WilliamGD185 on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
I was rather disappointed when looked at the crafting recipe for Deer knight. It required quite a lot of rare reagents and was it *cough* *cough* 2000 perfect citrines? Even for a spell that seems WAY over the top.
It is, but for a death wizard, it is a really good spell that only costs 5 pips. Most of the other avalon spells, people ignore, but this one makes most death wizards drool because it's low pip, hit's all, and does decent damage.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
WilliamGD185 on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Not sure what recipe you are looking at but Deer Knight does not even require any citrines.
50 sunstones, 100 perfect onyx, 200 ghost fire, 100 blood moss, 100 bones, 50 springs, 6 deer knight tc's and 12 amber.
(Taken from the actual recipe)