Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

That loving Fizzle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
Why, or at the least, does a single player fizzle more then two or more players, and at the worse time, with that one fizzle you lose? Start over, it's one VS two or more badguys! Yes it is fun to play, but you can't always play with others, school, work ect. There is more I could say, but come on it's two or more badguys to one goodguy! I do enjoy playing, but the fact, and I did keep track, this happens 10 to 40%

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Fizzle stinks but try an increase your accuracy with gear or potions if you can. It will get better.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
Fizzle does stink! But like fireproof1111 said, you can increase your accuracy by wearing special gear like robes, rings, shoes, amulets, etc. I'm also pretty sure that each school has different fizzle rates because each school has different strengths and weaknesses, so the school you picked might be the problem, but you can fix that by wearing that special gear! You can craft or buy special gear.

I know that when I made my first wizard, which was a Storm wizard, I fizzled.. a lot! Much more than I would have liked! Storm has a bigger chance of fizzling because of the high damage its spells can do. But again (repeating myself a lot here ), if your school fizzle stats are really high, you can wear special gear to bring it down.

Here, for your convenience, are the chances of fizzling for each school when NOT wearing any gear :

Storm - 30%
Ice - 20%
Life - 10%
Myth - 20%
Death - 15%
Fire - 25%
Balance - 15%

(I got these stats from The Friendly Necromancer which was posted February 4th, 2010)
(Sorry to the moderators if I entered this post twice, my computer went all wacky the first time I wrote this.)

Hope I could help,
Destiny NightGem - Lvl 21 Thaumaturge

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Death Rider on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
Why, or at the least, does a single player fizzle more then two or more players, and at the worse time, with that one fizzle you lose? Start over, it's one VS two or more badguys! Yes it is fun to play, but you can't always play with others, school, work ect. There is more I could say, but come on it's two or more badguys to one goodguy! I do enjoy playing, but the fact, and I did keep track, this happens 10 to 40%
I do not find this to be true at all. In fact, I will fizzle more when playing with another player or two.
Get better gear and boost your accuracy; it does help.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
thanks to you all i did as you said, it in fact helped

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
I had 100% accuracy and fizzled. So i dont boost accuracy anymore.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
cowstastegood on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
I had 100% accuracy and fizzled. So i dont boost accuracy anymore.
This is because there will never be an absolute when dealing with percentages in game. But i can garauntee that with 100+ accuracy you will fizzle very seldom and much less than anyone with under 100%. My mains usually sport 106% accuracy and i fizzle next to never but it has happened once in a blue moon.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Hmm. I have 105% accuracy, and I have never fizzled in regular gameplay, but I hear you still can fizzle. So, I guess it's the way KI math is? Even if you have 100+ accuracy, that in reality, you might have 99.9% (or slightly less)?