Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Needing idea on how to beat the spell thief.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
I have a lvl 36 Myth/Storm wiz, but I can't seem to beat this guy. Tried like 7 times already. Any ideas/tips?

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
kw1jybo on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
I have a lvl 36 Myth/Storm wiz, but I can't seem to beat this guy. Tried like 7 times already. Any ideas/tips?
idk i cant even get the quest right now and my storm is level 62

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
are you talking about vognir? i keep trying to beat him, and i can't do it, even though i have a level 39 death/storm wizard. someone posted something saying that if you beat the winterwing guard and get defeated, you can come back really fast and face vognir on his own. i tried it and it didnt work.

Defender
May 29, 2009
alexzander on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
are you talking about vognir? i keep trying to beat him, and i can't do it, even though i have a level 39 death/storm wizard. someone posted something saying that if you beat the winterwing guard and get defeated, you can come back really fast and face vognir on his own. i tried it and it didnt work.
I am death/storm too. Here is the trick. You gotta get a friend that also has the quest. That is also how I beat Cyrus drake after mooshu. I got a friend who also had the quest. Your welcome

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well, its been a while since i pwned him so maybe i can help you if you give me his health....

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
kw1jybo on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
DUDE i will so help you i dislike that guy and i have tried a ton im hunter anvilmender answer back and saay which realm we should meet at what time

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
Well... take out his minion first, in a prepared, one hit kill. If you use Kraken or whatever make sure you use a few blades and traps. Then you have the spell thief all to yourself. storm can easily dispatch bosses quickly, plus you have the advantage of myths health and defences. To make your Kraken effective for dispatching foe, you should use darkwind, windstorm, storm trap and elemental blade/trap if you've bothered to spend the training points. This will easily go over 2200 and just hit him again minus the blades and traps.
It's always helpful to use some sniper TCs, if you dread the famous fizzle disease. Don't forget to have you're wits about you!

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
PHEW!!! I just defeated him on my lvl 39 balance wizard he was pretty tough!! i used my mander minion to kill him too and healed plenty of times. Your myth right? Yeah it won't be fun trying to beat him.... all i can say is try leveling up to a higher level until you have more powerful spells and better gear choices to choose from. Don't forget treasure cards too!!!!!