Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gloom Fairy in Village of Sorrow?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
My level 79 Death wizard got the daily assignment to kill gloom fairy in Village of Sorrow. Sadly there don't seem to be any there, they are located in the Ancient Burial Grounds, not the Village. Killing them in the Burial Grounds does not complete the daily assignment, and none to kill anywhere in Village of Sorrow.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi! This one is a bit hard to find. There is a Gloom Fairy that spawns in the Village of Sorrow, but it only has a 20 percent chance of showing up.

Right after you enter enter the Village of Sorrow from Yoshihito Temple, continue along the path past the Death Soldier skeletons and go over the bridge. Right around the bend you will start to see some Cursed Ronins wandering in a path. This is where you can find the rare Gloom Fairy. You may need to have some friends help you clear out a few Cursed Ronins, but eventually that Gloom Fairy will appear so you can complete your daily quest.

Sorry for the inconvenience and best of luck!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
20 percent chance of finishing a daily assignment? Not everyone has all day to find ONE gloom fairy...

Defender
May 27, 2013
That's a lot of work for a daily, or seems so for me. Given that I am trying to help my whole 'classroom,' it makes it problematic if I have too spend too much time on just one.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Try defeating them in the Ancient Burial Grounds and see what happens.