Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible issue with Battle Cherub

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Is it appropriate for level 5 wiz to have access to GS in ranked PVP? I can see this creating massive problems for low level wizards whose capacity to recycle cards is limited by deck size, and by lack of trained reshuffle.

I understand it is currently possible to use gear that has GS cards on it, but these items cost crowns, come from packs, and are not the optimal choice for gear at this level. So there is a stiff barrier to entry for GS to be a problem...until now.

Thoughts?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Those other avenues only offer one copy of the card. Per the pet already in-game, this gives the player three copies. Three. I'd go so far as to say this breaks low-level PVP - possibly even mid-level.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Apparently that will be "working as intended" and is not a bug.

@Dworgyn ?

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
the bad jujuers are getting their hands on this, tripling the length of the nightmare they inflict on pvp.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi! Good news . . . our designers just let me know that we will be adding a No-PVP rule to the spell on the Battle Cherub pet in an upcoming update.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
In the text it says "is it appropriate for level 5 wiz to have access to GS in ranked PVP."

I'd like to explain why this explanation is invalid for the reason of GS on a cherub should be no PVP.

At level 5 a character (at private) would have 1,000 health (maybe a little less) + possibly 30 resist ( if the pvper is using Watchtower boots, MidSummer Cowl, Jacket of Withstanding, and pet with double resist + HeartSteel).

It would take 4-5 rounds for a level 5 to save up for Gaurdian spirit. By that time the opponent could possibly have their health down by 500 health (give or take). It would seem pointless to cast GS at this time. The Gaurdian spirit only gives them 15% of their health back. That would be a total of 150 health. That doesn't give the player any advantage because it's not much health to work on.

I can understand if it was a higher pvp match to where you're starting to gain access for power pips. The player could easily cast 3 Gaurdian spirits if they have enough pips to do so.

I'm not fully against the idea of GS being no pvp. I am against it having 3 cards of GS at mega. I believe in stead of making the card NO PVP, they should only limit the GS card to only 1 Card and can be allowed to be used when hit a certain level when in PVP.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
Hello! I was wondering if since the pet's card is now being non pvp, will people be reimbursed if they spent crowns trying to make the pet for pvp purposes? I understand that this has happened before, but if a pet is to be released into the game with intended pvp purposes, since the card in question isn't used for questing much, I was wondering if in the future before KI releases pets into the spiral they could think of consequences before hand, so that players would not waste crowns (aka money) on purreau potions and energy elixirs.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I don't see why they would issue any refund for this, since no refund was issued for the storm pet with Insane Bolt, and that pet was out a long time before they non-pvp it. This Battle Cherub is a new pet, and I have not seen the gauntlet for sale at target yet in my area. The only way this pet is being gotten is by hatches.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Dworgyn, thanks for the heads up, but if [the cancel] will be on the Battle Cherub pet, shouldn't [it] also be on the Mandolin of Evermore wands? I don't want this to be another Ivanenko's Tiger case and PvP.

Also, why hasn't the Cuckoo Clock Gauntlet officially been announced?

Survivor
Feb 24, 2016
@dworgyn

If the GS spell on the battle cherub is becoming no pvp, what does this mean for people who use pets with an absorb. Why are they allowed to use absorbs in pvp, yet we cannot use GS? I understand that low level pvp is unfair with 3 but why not limit it to just 1? If the case is set so GS is no pvp, then shouldn't all the other spells that make low level pvp unfair be blocked aswell? For example, the bronze golem pet allows x3 absorbs for pvp at the cost of 4 pips. I believe it is more than fair that GS is allowed in pvp because people will just absorb spam until a player cannot hit anymore and just finish them off. But if GS is allowed, the player can still continue the fight and have a 'chance' at winning the duel instead of being humiliated. I know there are people that do not agree with my logic, but there are allot of things wrong with low level pvp. This pet is one of the only things we as new comers can use against people that do not share pets that break pvp. So ethically, its either fair to make the battle cherub GS pvpable or block all pets that make pvp unfair to the opponent.

I hope you guys at kingsisle understand my logic and please consider this. For the sake of pvpers and game balancing.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
The cherub must be removed, it is literally corrupting PvP. 1v1, 2v2, anything is being corrupted. People going to extreme measures to get a cherub, and they are getting ward pets, about 30% resist for a single school in one pet + a GS is wrong. This update has to occur, it is... well I cannot even put words into the ridiculous and ludicrous users for PvP who 'cheat' [this isn't cheating though.]

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I think all pet cards should be NO PVP. That will solve any future issues. Since this is the only way a lower level can use a card that is not their level, unless it is a tc.