Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mounts - which are good, which aren't?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
There are a large number of different mounts in the game now, so my question is - which is your favorite mount (whether you own it or not), and which do you think needs to be redone (and why)?

My favorite is the swirling cloud of leaves because the leaves look real and it's perfect for life.
The mount I dislike the most is the celestial wolf, because it doesn't look like it's glowing, it looks like it was rendered on cartoon setting with thick white outlines.

Defender
May 23, 2009
My favorite mount is the Dual Dragonflyer because it is a colorful two-person mount that is neither too big nor too small. I believe it is the most expensive mount in the crown shop so you make your friends turn heads. It is more colorful than the Dual Skimmer at 2,500 crowns more. Also, I think the Mystic Skiff is the most clever by design. I don't have a least favorite mount, but I generally avoid the unicorn mounts. Unicorn doesn't scream unique or cool to me. However, I like the colors of the new astral unicorn mount.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Agreed with OP on the wolf. The astral unicorn is perfect and I'd like to see the wolf done similarly, where it's see-through and glowy at the same time instead of solid-looking and clunky. My favorite mount is either the crystal unicorn, because it's so easy to make it fit my wizards' outfit color palettes, or the 5th birthday dragon mount.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I love the treant. It's the mount I have rode the most.