Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open Chat Not Available

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
I made my account when I was under the age of 18, but now I am I meet the 18+ requirement for Open Chat. However, Open Chat is not an option for my account, and I was wondering if there is anyone to turn it on?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi! Maybe this information from our FAQ page will help:

Members who are over the age of 18, and have a valid credit card on file with us, can enable the 18+ Open Chat. Gift Cards cannot be used to unlock Open Chat.

~~

Open Chat allows players a more open communication environment with other 18+ players.

This chat will be filtered for profanity. In this channel, when players type their text they will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means only 18+ can see it, and red is completely filtered.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to provide this for our active credit card Member community only.

Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

Currently Active Accounts must be verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101.

18+ Open Chat will expire when the Membership expires.

If you have more questions, please contact Customer Support.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Hey Dworgyn I think you are mistaken . If you Look at Merle Ambroses Post you can see Open chat rules changed a few years back: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/30290.ftl you Said here that you were going to update the FAQ On monday but seems you forgot to update it. No worries I know your busy with teaching Death students but thought a reminder wouldnt hurt :)