Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertust crafted gear!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
You see, I'm not a crafter and don't plan on being one. When I was scrolling through some WT gear it said you have to craft them all! Is there not a vendor where you can just simply buy one and wear it??? I was really looking forward to moving on to Wintertusk and having really fancy gear!! If some gear from WT is easily dropped from bosses then I'm fine with that. Just not the fancy Grandmaster Crafting Gear.
So is all the gear in WT ONLY crafted gear???
Sorry for all my complaining!! Just having a hard time with my storm in Celestia!!!

Mackenzie DarkHunter Level 51,
Jessica DarkHunter Level 96,

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
There are good gear drops from the battles and bosses in Wintertusk, so you can get good items that way. Halfang drops some really nice items if you want to farm him. He also drops a lot of good jewels.

Having said that though there are some very nice items that you can craft from Wintertusk. These items have a lot of characteristics on them, and are very useful even all the way to Azteca. I still use some Wintertusk crafted rings as a level 110 - they are sort of like a mini alpha and omega ring - the nice ring that drops from gladiator in olympus.

Since you are already in Wintertusk, you should learn crafting. It will be fairly easy for you to get to the crafting level where you can craft stuff in Wintertusk. Most of the reagents for the earlier crafting levels can be found fairly easily in Wintertusk - so you should be able to complete all the crafting stuff within a day. It really is not that hard, and you will want to be able to craft once you get to Khrysalis - just because of the awesome recipes that are there.

If you don't like looking for reagents, almost all of them can be bought from the bazaar. It might take an hour or two until you get what you need, but it is not that hard. Good Luck.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2013
Being a crafter is really nice. You can get crafted mounts, pretty furniture, and who knows what else...

Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
kuronekonya on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
Being a crafter is really nice. You can get crafted mounts, pretty furniture, and who knows what else...
Wasn't exactly asking if being a crafter is worth it....But thanks for the answer. :)

Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
CUTEHORSEY on Jun 16, 2016 wrote:
There are good gear drops from the battles and bosses in Wintertusk, so you can get good items that way. Halfang drops some really nice items if you want to farm him. He also drops a lot of good jewels.

Having said that though there are some very nice items that you can craft from Wintertusk. These items have a lot of characteristics on them, and are very useful even all the way to Azteca. I still use some Wintertusk crafted rings as a level 110 - they are sort of like a mini alpha and omega ring - the nice ring that drops from gladiator in olympus.

Since you are already in Wintertusk, you should learn crafting. It will be fairly easy for you to get to the crafting level where you can craft stuff in Wintertusk. Most of the reagents for the earlier crafting levels can be found fairly easily in Wintertusk - so you should be able to complete all the crafting stuff within a day. It really is not that hard, and you will want to be able to craft once you get to Khrysalis - just because of the awesome recipes that are there.

If you don't like looking for reagents, almost all of them can be bought from the bazaar. It might take an hour or two until you get what you need, but it is not that hard. Good Luck.
Thanks so much . Your answer has made me want to continue my novice crafting quest! But seriously, thanks. I'm just a really lazy person wanting my wizards to get to their max level ASAP. I will start doing some crafting quests right now. :) Thank you for the advice! Hope this doesn't get too complicated. Have a nice day.

Mackenzie DarkHunter Level 51,
Jessica DarkHunter Level 96,