Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prepaid Visa/Mastercards

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 23, 2009
I have two accounts. Wanting to take advantage of the recent bundle sale, I decide to purchase from the W101 website for the first time on my side account using a prepaid mastercard. I already registered and activated the card but could not purchase anything from the site. Eventually I was able to purchase by adding the card to Paypal first. On my main account, I have never needed to add the card to Paypal when using prepaids. I am just wondering if it's not possible to do this directly as a first time purchase. It gave me a slight panic before Paypal finally triggered in my mind.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Pre-paid Visas/Mastercards are a little tricky. You have to ensure they are registered for Internet purchasing. To do this, you need to flip the card over, find the URL (website) for the issuing bank and follow the instructions to register it. The address you enter there will be what's validated in our data to process the card.

If you have further questions or need more assistance with , it's best to contact our Customer Support for more information: support@wizard101.com

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This generally only happens with the temporary card you get when you first purchase the card and haven't activated it. Once it's activated and you get the permanent card it's not a problem. I've used prepaid cards for my membership for years and always directly. Even before getting the permanent card I've never had an issue using an activated temp card for w101.