Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not taking credit for a battle glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
I recently completed a long dungeon in Azteca, Pitch Black Lake to be exact, and I had died while my friend and I were battling. I came back, defeated the other foe, and finished. Alas, to my surprise, my quest guide said I had not defeated the first enemy that had to do with the main quest. A similar phenomenon occurred when I was defeating a boss in Zulton Dock. Is there a way you can fix this?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
This happens to me in any dungeon- I first noticed it in the Barkingham and WW dungeons. A few months ago I had even repeated the Chief Whip/Noxious Gas Golem dungeon three times before giving up and coming back when my wizards were stronger because of this issue. Just to be sure- your friend didn't kill anything while you were gone, correct? I believe that if the rule is that we don't get credit for creatures that were killed when we weren't around, then we should still get credit if we died and came back but nothing was killed while we were gone.

This has been a long-term frustration for me too, especially since it means that when I dual-box, my progress is significantly hampered.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
No, I killed both enemies. My friend was there to aid me in the quest and was healing me, but I fled because I died and was in need of health. I returned to the battle and killed the other enemy.(NOTE: I killed the main enemy, died, returned, then killed the other enemy.) When both of them were dead, I noticed that my quest arrow was pointing to nothing but the empty space of where the boss once stood.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you die after the main boss was killed and flee, you don't get credit for the battle. This is not a bug. You need to survive or be healed before the battle ends to have it count. Killing the boss then leaving and returning to kill minions never counts.