Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Family account questions?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
My brother is over the age required to have text chat, yet he still does not. We realized that we need to make a credit card purchase in order to get him text chat after creating a master password for the account settings, but he was wondering, if I link my account with his in a family account, will it give him text chat? What would a family account do? Do I have to create a new account for it, or can I use my existing account as the main account, with his account as the sub account? Will it actually give him text chat? I currently have a renewing 6-month membership, but would anything happen to it if I link my account to his? I'm pretty sure it won't share my membership with his account, but I also don't want my membership to get canceled somehow. What will happen if I do make my account the master family account and his a sub account? Thank you for your time in reading and answering!

Survivor
Apr 18, 2016
Hi,
Nothing will change with your membership if you create a family account and add your brother. Your brother's account will not share your membership and he will be responsible for keeping his account active. Your brother, and you, will share in the reduced membership rate for having a family account. I'm not sure about the text chat though. I think that is a totally different area than family account.