Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Solution to Boosters

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 05, 2013
A solution to boosters is to ban the accounts. Simple as that. Now the Leaderboard is plagued with boosters and the people who actually take PVP seriously are in 5th place

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
what's a Booster?? I dont PvP at all, but Ive NEVER heard this term before

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
unless 3v3 or 4v4 pvp back?

no 3v3 or 4v4 pvp? don't banned boosters because I would have done for mine self but I lucky I didn't but want to do it because take forever get warlord badge (reason why don't like age warlord) just because once KI get rank pvp up age 50 or 100 (make feel worst players at pvp take forever get good rank, others good group make pvp unfair)

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I don't know what you mean by 'booster' ?
Any relation to puppet teams?
I'm active in pvp and have not heard that term; I would like to know what it refers to?

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
booster is someone who is lvl 1 and has op gear and op pet and lore spells and op stuff to take advantage of new comer pvpers

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DevinSkullStone on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
booster is someone who is lvl 1 and has op gear and op pet and lore spells and op stuff to take advantage of new comer pvpers
thanks for the explanation.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
ah, so someone that has multiple chars that transfers tc, pets, etc. Gotcha. Thanks.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
No, that is not a booster.

A booster is someone with multiple accounts who enters the queue in 3v3 or 4v4 when nobody else is queued on six or eight accounts in two teams, thus guaranteeing that he will face himself. The boosting players are often (but not always) very low Level and the opposing team could be any level. The team that needs to lose will not have decks equipped, but the boosting team will. The boosters win because their opponents don't have decks equipped and automatically lose due to game mechanic.

You can figure out which of the top "players" are boosters by looking at Win/Loss ratios. Even the best real players have losses, lots of them. Boosters will have none or very, very few compared to their number of wins.

The first real rank is a couple of players near the bottom of the second page of the leaderboard and then there is another clump of boosters before the rest of the real rank on the fourth page.

KingsIsle did eliminate puppet teams. They waited so long to do it that Team PVP had already basically died in Rank, though, which allows this to happen. If there were real 3v3 and 4v4 matches happening, boosters couldn't boost. (Theoretically they could boost in 2v2, but there are enough 2v2 matches happening most of the time that boosters can't be assured of facing themselves, and therefore only do this in 3v3 or 4v4.)