Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Member benefits I don't want

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2015
Hello everyone, Professor Falmea asked for feedback on Friday 5-20-16. I would just like to say I liked some ideas, but the ones I didn't like were popular towards players who aren't thinking if the benefit is really that good or not. So here is the list of member benefits I don't want.

1. Double fishing xp, I get it's hard to rank up in fishing. As of right now however, fishing doesn't really do anything but get you some free code wands or some pets to be dropped.

2. Double energy, I don't want to see this because I prefer double pet xp or double gardening. Both are way more helpful than this. Pretty much I am saying I don't want to see a downgraded member benefit in the game.

3. Permanent bank space, I am disappointed when a lot of people wanted this. Even with increased space, people will hoard all the items until they over flow to sell again. Some people will still quicksell because they don't want to go to the bazaar. It is pretty much the same old routine that only slows down the problem a little bit.

Those are all the popular member benefits I don't want. Keep in mind that the more member benefits we have, the less they get repeated. The good member benefits like free tournaments could be reduced because of these.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Uh are you complaining or something? Atleast you get benefits -- Do you want them to be removed? Ew no.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Hunter BattleWield... on Jun 9, 2016 wrote:
Hello everyone, Professor Falmea asked for feedback on Friday 5-20-16. I would just like to say I liked some ideas, but the ones I didn't like were popular towards players who aren't thinking if the benefit is really that good or not. So here is the list of member benefits I don't want.

1. Double fishing xp, I get it's hard to rank up in fishing. As of right now however, fishing doesn't really do anything but get you some free code wands or some pets to be dropped.

2. Double energy, I don't want to see this because I prefer double pet xp or double gardening. Both are way more helpful than this. Pretty much I am saying I don't want to see a downgraded member benefit in the game.

3. Permanent bank space, I am disappointed when a lot of people wanted this. Even with increased space, people will hoard all the items until they over flow to sell again. Some people will still quicksell because they don't want to go to the bazaar. It is pretty much the same old routine that only slows down the problem a little bit.

Those are all the popular member benefits I don't want. Keep in mind that the more member benefits we have, the less they get repeated. The good member benefits like free tournaments could be reduced because of these.
You're entitled to your opinions, and there's nothing wrong with voicing them. However just like all of the benefits you said you don't want because it will reduce the frequency of the ones you do want, I feel the exact same way about the free tournaments. So now what? Should KI get rid of free tournaments just because I don't want them?

Of course not. Because like you, I'm not the only person playing this game. Other people value that benefit even if I don't, just like others value some of the other proposed benefits even if you don't.

I'll grant you the fishing XP one might be a bit underwhelming. Maybe it shouldn't just be double XP, but double fishing rewards in general. You catch a fish, it counts as 2 fish. You catch a chest, you get double gold and 4 rewards instead of just 2. But the fact remains that a lot of people enjoy fishing, and would be happy with some sort of member benefit that rewards them for participating in the activity.

The extra permanent bank (or backpack) space I don't understand why you would be opposed to that. I don't see how that negatively impacts you unless you believe there is a better permanent benefit KI was going to give us that they scrapped in order to give us more backpack space. But if we're giving nothing up for it, what does it hurt to get it?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Tournaments, I couldn't care less about. "Good" is all subjective to the users.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I agree with some of what you are saying, but just because they were suggested does not mean that they will be implemented. I'm sure KI already has considered some of your concerns. I like the Gardening, Pet Experience and Tournaments. Tournaments is nice because it is the only time that I do PVP and it's to get Arena tickets which are needed for housing items/reagents. If they didn't have free tournaments then I would not PVP.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2014
seethe42 on Jun 10, 2016 wrote:
Tournaments, I couldn't care less about. "Good" is all subjective to the users.
I agree with him. I like double pet xp and free training point buyback. Yea, more "good" Benefits, the less other great ones will be repeated, but they barley get repeated anyways.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015

1. Some people want free code wands and pets. In fact, I got my current pet that I have at around level 20 from fishing. I am level 68 now and still use that pet because it is powerful. Plus alot of people love fishing because it is an enjoyable wizard101 hobby when you are struggling with a quest and have nothing better to do in wizard01.

2. Some people want double energy so they can train pets more, garden more, and fish more. Theres no reason we cant have double gardening or pet xp along with double energy. In fact, you basically said that you like gardening and pet training, and you need energy for those things.

3. Just because you dont find bank space useful, doesnt mean others dont need it. Its not like you have to use that benefit if its added to the game.

So basically all im trying to say is even though you dont need them, there are TONS of other people playing wizard101 that really do. These benefits shouldnt be prevented from being added just because some people dont need them. It wouldnt be fair to the other players.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

1) double fishing XP would be fine AFTER they fix the fishing XP, which they've already stated they will

2) You realize that this is the same thing as double XP right? The end result is the same; you're getting twice as much training in per bottle of energy, it's just in a different way. This is actually more flexible than either 2x Pet XP or 2x gardening XP as you can do more of BOTH at the same time. I dont see it as downgraded, but you can if you want to

3) Does hording items impact your gameplay at all? I can't imagine it would. Most of the REALLY good stuff in the game is no auction anyhow, so you wont ever see it in the bazaar. If you have more than one wizard on an account, you should have a good amount of reagents, maybe not overflowing, but a solid collection of them (unless you do a crazy amount of crafting). What items do you think people are hording that you can't get?

I dont PvP, so does that mean because I dont like it, you cant have it? No, it simply means, when that benefit comes up, I ignore it. As for the frequency, they were NEVER meant to be a another aspect of the game that people can count on, just a small, and fast reward for people to take advantage of, if they time it right