Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-3-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! Once again, it's Friday, so it's time to chat about a new topic, shall we?

Today, in honor of pet-a-palooza, I'd like to ask about our favorite friends. What is your favorite pet, and why? Is it because of their looks? Their talents? The way they dance? We want to know!

I'm sure I've asked this before, but we've added so many new pets since that time, I'd like to get an updated opinion.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Apr 28, 2015
Maple moose because of its amazing look, jump, the fact he eats when standing still and the fact it is myth with mythic fuel

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Even with all the new pet updates, I still love the appearance of the classical (level 48) hybrids. Especially the Stormzilla and Orthrus-looking ones.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the frostman pet he was my first ever pet aw the memories of me and lord cookie.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
Personally, I like the Supportive Wildclaw because of the dance it does and the blade it gives. Still would like a pet that looks like Captain O'Hare though.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
I love the enchanted armaments. The cards they give can stack with the regular sharpened blade, making them extremely useful for both PVP and PVE. The new school enchanted armaments also have a very solid combination of cards, but I find them better for PVP.

P.D. : I also love how they float and move. It makes me think there is an invisible warrior holding the sword and shield.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I prefer pet I can do Critical striker, Assailant for school, Dealer for school, Pain Giver, Spell Proof, and jewel giver for school.

As far as looks go, I like pets that give cool attacks to use in battle like sharpen blade, the cat thugs, and fire beetles. Those are just some examples.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Currently it's Mom and Pop mouse - the new ones. Because of how they dance in the dance contest. Very well done.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I love my Enchanted Armament for the Sharpen Blade ICs (hard to find), universal defence, health, mana, AND the unique Sword and Shield skill that always turns the battle back in my favour.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
My favorite pet is the Rescue Rover, as much as it is an adorable fluff ball whose dance moves can never seize to put a smile on my face. It never shows a dismissive expression, only it's cute lolling tongue no matter the situation. But behind that cuddly form, such a cute fella hides a great spell ready to release both wrath and frost, the Ice Hound. This pet, who will always be my Icy companion (My loyal Maggie) , is both adorable and powerful. Many reasons why it's my favorite~

Survivor
Oct 12, 2012
Purely for looks, I would have to say the wraith and Stormzilla hybrid, Tempest.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Enchanted Armament is my favorite pet purely because of the 3 Sharpened Blade cards it gives. It's helpful to any school. I love new talents, and I get new pets for their talents, so I can hatch those talents into my Enchanted Armament pets. If I find another pet with as broadly usable cards, I'll gladly start hatching those.

When deciding on a pet to use in battle, it's all about what it's talents and cards will help me most. Talents I can hatch into any pet, cards I can't change. So I will continue to select my pets based on the cards.

Hero
May 07, 2015
my favorite one? hmm

its gotta be the phoeix. ( or whatever its called ) it looks SOOOO cool in my opinion.

and the enchanted armant ( again. whatever its called )

miranda jade song ~ promethean pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
mine is a rant I would like the pets that we cannot hatch/rehatch like the baby mice and lobster to be reversed so we can hatch them and put the talents on that we want not just get them so we can have them in our collections otherwise it is really a waste of time having them

Survivor
Sep 01, 2013
Definitely the beast pets they are super useful and cool looking

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Its a tossup for me:

1) Maple Moose - so cute, so adorable, those puppy dog eyes on the moose when it looks at you.

2) Polar Fox - the cutest most helpful puppy dog - uh, puppy fox you would ever want. And a bladestorm card helps everyone out. And he is so lively.

3) Frost Caller - A most beautiful and graceful looking pet.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2012
I love pets that have cards that helps users on the same school and that helps you & may casts pets, for example my owl has may cast Hex and Pierce.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
The Babydactyl due to its PvP-useful and unique cards.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I enjoy the unusual looking ones. Toaddle, Therizinosaurus, Ice Wyvern, Babydactyl, Nightwalker, Golden Ram, White Owl, just to name a few.

I have quite a variety that I can switch to depending on my mood or what I need. LOVE THEM ALL

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
So many great pets -Ivaneko's Tiger, First Mate Otter, Yeti, Road Hog, Lady Bug; but my favorite looking pet has got to be Frankie Forearms! The only problem - you can't hatch him with any other pet to keep his look :(

Survivor
Apr 10, 2016
Mine is the new update pet "Sister Cheezwit" She can heal and plus the way she runs is soo cute haha. :)

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
seethe42 on Jun 4, 2016 wrote:
Enchanted Armament is my favorite pet purely because of the 3 Sharpened Blade cards it gives. It's helpful to any school. I love new talents, and I get new pets for their talents, so I can hatch those talents into my Enchanted Armament pets. If I find another pet with as broadly usable cards, I'll gladly start hatching those.

When deciding on a pet to use in battle, it's all about what it's talents and cards will help me most. Talents I can hatch into any pet, cards I can't change. So I will continue to select my pets based on the cards.
Pretty much how I decide what pets to equip now as well. I use Enchanted Armaments for the Sharpened Blades, and I also have a lot of wizards who managed to get decent Level 98 pets that offer the extra blade cards. I've managed to extract the school Dealer talent out of a lot of them, so they would be good for breeding with Armaments now.

I would love to use a Frostcaller, but she doesn't have any cards, and so I don't waste time breeding her to get a better one. My White Winter Owl on the other hand has some pretty decent talents, but again... no cards. It's become my breeder to try and get better talents into other pets. My Fragmented Dragons are right in the middle of those two. They've got some decent talents, but they all wound up with something that made them unattractive to keep breeding, and now they're obsolete because they have no cards.

It's a similar story with most of the other pets I have that you don't ever see. That's probably the reason why you don't ever see them. They may be fun to show off in the Commons, but they just don't have the same appeal to anybody who's out taking care of business in the Spiral.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
I do not have one (Yet), but Clockwork Spider looks amazing and has one of my favorite treasure cards to boot! If only it came with an ability like Spritely, it would be perfect! Oh well, when I get one, time to grind it up to adult and find someone with a Sea Serpent or something~ By the way, how DO you hatch with golems/automatons anyways? You would think they need to be assembled, not hatched.

Explorer
May 25, 2011
Just for looks, the Meow Wing. It is so cute!

P.S. It is one of the avatars for the Message Boards.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2016
My favorite pet is the Enchanted Armament, i hatched mine a couple times and that's why it has really good stats, I like it because it comes with a good card, if you are low level it is a really good card if you want to do a lot of damage, I am a balance wizard and this is a balance pet so its good.

BALANCE FOR THE WIN