Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Socketing question

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I seem to recall one of the official KI people saying that socketing would be on hats, robes, and boots as well as the existing equipment. Am I misremembering it?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
dayerider on Jun 1, 2016 wrote:
I seem to recall one of the official KI people saying that socketing would be on hats, robes, and boots as well as the existing equipment. Am I misremembering it?
nobody, not even the forum moderators, has any thoughts on this? Dworgyn? All Im asking for is confirmation I heard it, or that Im misremembering. Im not even asking for any intel beyond that, just that somebody made an official statement about it previously, or that my memory stinks lol Perhaps it was one of the spoiler sites I heard it on, and if that's so, Im fine with that answer. Im just trying to reconcile this thought with truth is all

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi! Perhaps you're thinking about the article about socketing on MMORPG.com.

I believe this particular paragraph may be what you're referring to?

"That’s not to say that we’re stopping here. We’ve definitely discussed adding sockets to other equipment. When we have determined that it’s in the best interest of the Spiral to continue down that glittery road, and, of course, we have the time and resources to dedicate to the quest, we certainly will consider that option. We’ve talked about new types of gems for the future. Also, we’ve been talking pretty seriously about adding an all new type of equipment slot for players to make shiny, so, the possibilities for expansion are endless!"

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Dworgyn on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
Hi! Perhaps you're thinking about the article about socketing on MMORPG.com.

I believe this particular paragraph may be what you're referring to?

"That’s not to say that we’re stopping here. We’ve definitely discussed adding sockets to other equipment. When we have determined that it’s in the best interest of the Spiral to continue down that glittery road, and, of course, we have the time and resources to dedicate to the quest, we certainly will consider that option. We’ve talked about new types of gems for the future. Also, we’ve been talking pretty seriously about adding an all new type of equipment slot for players to make shiny, so, the possibilities for expansion are endless!"
thanks! this sounds like what my memory is linking up with. Thanks for your diligence Dwogyn! Have a few cookies of choice :)