Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wysteria Update

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I think it would be amazing if KI did another update to Wysteria. I really liked the look of Wysteria and cried tears of joy when they finally released some Wysterian housing items. However, I think that it would be great if there was another update to Wysteria maybe kind of like how Grizzleheim has Wintertusk. Here are some ideas, and feel free to add more:

1. Another dungeon. Perhaps another version of Helephant Tower or something. This option, I mean I'd take it over nothing, but it isn't really my first choice.
2. Another street. Perhaps just continue the story at Pigswick in later levels (like how in Grizzleheim it's spread out over multiple levels) Maybe in the later levels you can give a lecture at one of the schools. Or maybe introduce another side quest character that has you venture in some
3. Have an annual event of sorts. I know that you go there to compete in the Spiral Cup but maybe like every year there is Another Spiral Cup and there can be a dungeon kind of like the Halloween dungeon.Or some sort of PVP Palooza! Like a Tournament that is extra special in it's annual-ness. It doesn't have to be the spiral cup but maybe something like that.
4. Maybe a secret spell trainer in Wysteria for high level wizards? That would be awesomeness!
5. The teachers then do teach you a spell. A almost cheating spell. That would be awesomeness too.

Just some ideas, what do you think?

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
  1. I do not think another dungeon would make sense in the main world of Wysteria since there is already Helephant Tower for the higher leveled students.
  2. Why would there be another street added to the default storyline of Wysteria? If more content was added to the already existing storyline, KI would have to re-write the storyline to fit in the new street to it which is never going to happen.
  3. I do think an annual PvP event would work well with Wyseria since the school prides itself on the PvP aspect of its students abilities. Possibly a End of the school year PvP event in the beginning of summer would fit nicely. Maybe multiple dungeon instances where you battle students(pigs) of the academy.
  4. Secret spell? Not likely. Possibly a shadow spell if there is a "Wintertusk" type of addition to the world where max students can go to master the shadow arts.
  5. Not sure what your #5 meant

In addition I think that Wysteria could use a buffing up of content. I would bet that Wysteria is the most underused world in all of the spiral. It severely needs a 'Wintertusk' type addition to get people excited about the world. Grizzleheim did this wonderfully which made it one of my favorite worlds to play through where as Wysteria was one of those things I just was bored an decided to finish.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I don;t mind returning to wysteria for something but it probably wont happen because its one of the more generally disliked worlds

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
The Wyrm on May 28, 2016 wrote:
I don;t mind returning to wysteria for something but it probably wont happen because its one of the more generally disliked worlds
Which is sad, cause I really like the graphics there....

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Okay, here is another idea for the Wysteria Update. I mentioned this on a Feedback Friday a while ago. What if we have an area that appears only every so often (like the Five B.O.X.E.S event or Lost Pages) that is a return to Wysteria! I think that you could be the substitute teacher for one of the Professors at Pigswick/were invited to give a special lecture. (This being a dungeon for a high level Wizard 100-1However, something goes amiss and you end up having to save them. As a reward, a spell trainer, or perhaps a secret spell trainer is found in the dungeon that will reward you with a new Wysteria themed spell (or a utility spell as I like utility spells more so). If it was a trainer it could be like the secret trainers in Pirate101 that only appear during certain times so if you want your school spell then you'd have to come in at a certain time. What do you guys think? Feel free to add/change whatever. I like the idea though that it would be a trainer that only appears during certain events.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Adam Daybreeze on May 28, 2016 wrote:
  1. I do not think another dungeon would make sense in the main world of Wysteria since there is already Helephant Tower for the higher leveled students.
  2. Why would there be another street added to the default storyline of Wysteria? If more content was added to the already existing storyline, KI would have to re-write the storyline to fit in the new street to it which is never going to happen.
  3. I do think an annual PvP event would work well with Wyseria since the school prides itself on the PvP aspect of its students abilities. Possibly a End of the school year PvP event in the beginning of summer would fit nicely. Maybe multiple dungeon instances where you battle students(pigs) of the academy.
  4. Secret spell? Not likely. Possibly a shadow spell if there is a "Wintertusk" type of addition to the world where max students can go to master the shadow arts.
  5. Not sure what your #5 meant

In addition I think that Wysteria could use a buffing up of content. I would bet that Wysteria is the most underused world in all of the spiral. It severely needs a 'Wintertusk' type addition to get people excited about the world. Grizzleheim did this wonderfully which made it one of my favorite worlds to play through where as Wysteria was one of those things I just was bored an decided to finish.
I think another street could be added on as an extension of an existing one, or an Aquila type of add on. All they would need to do is just start off with characters giving new quests. it wouldnt ruin the existing world at all

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009

So another random idea in my shameless pursuit of updating Wysteria.....

I personally don't think that Mellori looks that much like Baba Yaga. Who she does resemble is Belladonna Crisp!

What if Baba Yaga stole Mellori when she was young, or if Mellori was switched at birth by those Malicious Hobgoblins in Pegasus Place!

Perhaps?
Still doesn't answer who the father is either....

Another shameless idea: Substitute teacher for the day at Pigswick now that we are Graduated?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I think Wysteria needs a facelift more than and update. It's the most dislike world by many because it's boring. Half of the quests you walk around talk to piglets which to me some of them are pointless when it has nothing to with getting the Spiral Cup. Adding another street won't change the world's profile unless there's a few battles involved. Adding a dungeon as a side quest or to the storyline is not a bad idea. I like the idea of making another Wintertusk like area with a another tournament dealing with shadow magic to an addition of Wysteria may very well attract players.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 19, 2016 wrote:
I think Wysteria needs a facelift more than and update. It's the most dislike world by many because it's boring. Half of the quests you walk around talk to piglets which to me some of them are pointless when it has nothing to with getting the Spiral Cup. Adding another street won't change the world's profile unless there's a few battles involved. Adding a dungeon as a side quest or to the storyline is not a bad idea. I like the idea of making another Wintertusk like area with a another tournament dealing with shadow magic to an addition of Wysteria may very well attract players.
I guess we need to define Facelift.

In my understanding a Facelift is getting a change to the graphics. This I think is something that definitely is not needed. That's my favorite part about Wysteria was the graphics.

Your definition of Facelift is adding more battles? I enjoyed it for the fact that it was a break from the battles. I just have to chuckle to myself over the fact people are never happy. KI just went through and reduced a number of battle requirements in Zafaria and Celestia because people were complaining that there was too much battling going on.

I do like your idea of including shadow magic in some regard. That would be cool.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
exp613 on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
I guess we need to define Facelift.

In my understanding a Facelift is getting a change to the graphics. This I think is something that definitely is not needed. That's my favorite part about Wysteria was the graphics.

Your definition of Facelift is adding more battles? I enjoyed it for the fact that it was a break from the battles. I just have to chuckle to myself over the fact people are never happy. KI just went through and reduced a number of battle requirements in Zafaria and Celestia because people were complaining that there was too much battling going on.

I do like your idea of including shadow magic in some regard. That would be cool.
You are right, facelift is the wrong definition to use. I can't think of the right one at the moment so I'll say update instead. I'm more interested in worlds with mostly quests with battles something like; 75% with battles, 25% without. Wysteria is about 50/50 and some of those quests all you do is walk around and talk to piglets which to me serves no purpose.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I also think that I'd really like to explore more in the Wysteria Library. It was HUGE! Also Hugo Chatterly seems like a very interesting character in my opinion. I love how he's a cat compared to our Mr. Argleston. :D

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
So this is probably too late to implement into Mirage, but if it did work later....

So what if we find that the Mirage Academy is also in ruins (as Blaze points out-they probably had a magical school in Mirage to be able to compete in the Spiral Cup Tournament). That being the case what if we have to help Pigswick take on a large number of the student population of Mirage. It turns out that the cats and the pigs are having some squabbles about having to share the same space while Mirage is being rebuilt so we have to help make peace with everyone?

Another idea: so at the end of the Street in Pegasus Place (I think it's that street) there is a Giant Crystal Tower. What if those crystals are made of Borealis Gemstones and there is a large Borealsis Gemstone in the basement of the tower! This particular gemstone has been cursed and a crystal plague is beginning to spread through the underground tunnels of Wysteria onto neighboring streets! We must stop the rogue crystal creations and help stop whoever is using the Gemstone in such dastardly ways!

Another idea: There's a powerful magical Artifact from Darkmoor that is afflicting the Vines in Tanglewood way (turns them purple similar to the Gloomthorn Mount) we must stop another BunnyVampire before he turns all of Wysteria's rabbit population into his minions through hypnosis and they vampirize all the vegetables in Wysteria!

Another idea: What if there is an area where we can go down to the docks in Wysteria and we must meet with some Valencian merchants to help establish trade negotiations-possibly pull in some Pirate Plot points like Gepetto/Gaspaccio) so that there is some relation between the two story lines (like Malistaire was mentioned in Pirate's Mooshu) Back to my weird plot: we find out that the Clockworks from Valencia are actually trying to steal all those powerful magic wands in Pigswick Academy so they can destroy them. Perhaps they sneak past Bennedict with a Lady Unicorn that they are controlling.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2015
I love Wysteria Id love to see more of it. Maybe there could be another round of the tournament where Pigswick tries to take back the spiral cup with higher level opponents. I also want to see more of the schools. Maybe we could learn a spell from the Pigswick school that corresponds with our Ravenwood school. Im not sure how they could add another street but that'd be fun to.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Well, a new spell needs to be added for each school to Wysteria. The only reason most people do Grizzle is for the spells and the training points. That's exactly what Wysteria needs.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
Well, a new spell needs to be added for each school to Wysteria. The only reason most people do Grizzle is for the spells and the training points. That's exactly what Wysteria needs.
I like that idea!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
I love that idea

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
What about a Skeleton Key boss for Wysteria?

I think that in the Pigswick Academy Library would be a good place. (I just like there). It could either be on the second floor or the opposite side of where the current dungeon is located.

We could have to fight a floating Grimoire that knows some powerful magic and we are trying to collect for the Arcanum or something. The Grimoire could be floating around causing some of the Spellwrit creatures from the past to begin to amass in the bowels of the Pigswick Library or something?

Any other ideas/what do you think?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
exp613 on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
What about a Skeleton Key boss for Wysteria?

I think that in the Pigswick Academy Library would be a good place. (I just like there). It could either be on the second floor or the opposite side of where the current dungeon is located.

We could have to fight a floating Grimoire that knows some powerful magic and we are trying to collect for the Arcanum or something. The Grimoire could be floating around causing some of the Spellwrit creatures from the past to begin to amass in the bowels of the Pigswick Library or something?

Any other ideas/what do you think?
It's a go for me. How about a wooden, stone and skeleton key boss?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Dec 11, 2016 wrote:
It's a go for me. How about a wooden, stone and skeleton key boss?
I wanted to edit my last post but I can't. So I'll rewrite it.

I like this idea. How about a wooden, stone and gold skeleton key bosses in one? and more buildings to explore. Plus open the area behind the gate near Tanglewood Way. That will give players more of a reason to visit Wysteria

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Survivor
May 03, 2010
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Connor SandMancer on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
I agree, Wysteria is in need of an update.
I still think that the Crystal Tower is a good opportunity to connect to either Dragonspyre or Polaris!!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Thank you for the new pack!

Hopefully we can still get an expansion to Wysteria someday, but this will do for today!