Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let the game grow a bit

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2012
Hey
Being a teen i sometimes feel like i am playing a kids' game which is why sometimes i close the game.
However the gameplay and strategic aspects of the game are very addicting and so i have stuck to it for about two years now.

However i would really love it if the game gets slightly modified and includes more human npc than animals made to look like humans. i think it should get a bit more realistic.
I really enjoyed fighting the marines today in the zafaria telegraph box. everything about them was quite realistic. so i would love if the game develops with more of such characters rather than really childish animal NPCs

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
There's a fine line between "Childish" and "Whimsical". The game stopped being childish after dragonspyre and took a more darker, whimsical aspect.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
The game is for kids bro, nothing will change that. You either play or don't. I personally don't care that it's a kids game -- It's a fun and addicting game and I like playing it. If you seriously close out the game because you think it will make you look bad for playing a child-Esq game, then I'd suggest finding a game you'd enjoy.

Explorer
May 25, 2011
Yeah I feel that too. I hide the fact the I play Wizard101 from my friends because we used to play in 3rd grade, but now I am a teenager and all they sometimes recall playing and the good times and how they stopped playing it because it would be hard playing with friends. I realize now though that it doesn't matter what they think, so I won't bring it up, but I don't care if they find out. The game itself is very complex and actually requires strong strategies especially in PvP. I think characters that are human is great idea.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
This is a fantasy game. It's a FAMILY game. It's whimsical, fun, magical, and a refreshing game compared to the other shoot-em-up, straight pvp, hardcore, tough games that are out there. People want to come home from a hard day at work and unwind with W101 (or even P101), and play on their own, or play as a family.

I am certainly not embarrassed to tell people I play W101, and I am MUCH older than you. My game friends are much older than you, too, and they are not embarrassed to post pics of their characters on social media.

'Nuff said

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
I personally think the game is fine how it is. They did a fine job aiming it for different age groups. Plus, I love the little quests in the beginning like the Dorothy one. And once you get to the higher worlds, you need good strategies, not just good cards.

Erica Goldsteed

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I think the appeal of Wiz is that it is fun whimsy, can still be a challenge, and is a great alternative to Shoot Em Up blood and guts games. There aren't many games like this out there.
The Easter Eggs throughout the game geared towards the mature crowd are great too, and always get me laughing.
Have you been to the Arcanum yet? Great graphics there. As you level, the worlds become more sinister and less child-like looking.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I have to disagree with some things in the game being childish such as the NPCs, The thing I most focus on the game is it's story.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Chris Pearlbane on May 22, 2016 wrote:
Hey
Being a teen i sometimes feel like i am playing a kids' game which is why sometimes i close the game.
However the gameplay and strategic aspects of the game are very addicting and so i have stuck to it for about two years now.

However i would really love it if the game gets slightly modified and includes more human npc than animals made to look like humans. i think it should get a bit more realistic.
I really enjoyed fighting the marines today in the zafaria telegraph box. everything about them was quite realistic. so i would love if the game develops with more of such characters rather than really childish animal NPCs
The reason for the marines looking realistic is that they're Valencian Clockworks. A world I'm certain you and I both want to see in W101 (Unicorns & Clockworks, what more can you want?).

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
I've been playing this for awhile now and a minor change I would like to see is our wizards grow as we level over the 100 mark and maybe become older teens after Arcanum which I am in the middle of right now. Just saying :)