Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New schools of magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2012
I think after shadow its now time to launch some new school spells
Spells of Time and Space

Time: the time school spells could be something like a spell which allows you to slow down the time for everyone else and thus making you able to pick two more spells the same round where on the other hand your opponent gets to pick only one.

Space: space spells could be utility spells which increase number of copies of a particular spell (upto a limit) or increse the number of spells that show up the next round ( for example currently seventh spells show each round, using a space spell increases this number to ten spells for the next round).

I think this will be really interesting addition to game. Looking for a positive respone......

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
Wow I gotta be honest with you, I think this is exactly what Wizard101 needs! With so many players every day becoming prodigious and feeling that there is little left to do in the game, what about a new school. I don't know whether this would be like a school type you play from the beginning, or obtain later like the Sun school, but that can be decided later (personally I think you should be able to start with this new school type). This requires a lot of thought though, because you have to determine something that kinda goes with the general types they have set, without making them the similar. Regardless, there should be two new types, one for the 3 elements schools, and one fore the 3 spirit schools. I hope to see some great ideas on this topic!

Justin GoldenStone, lv70

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
Not necessarily a BAD idea by any means... but at the moment, I think most people are satisfied with Shadow spells. Also, you mentioned that the time spells would slow down time for other players. This could mean
A. The other players would not have as many turns as the player who used the spell
B. Other players and monsters will not have as many turns (like Haste from Final Fantasy)

I could see Space. But as a permanent upgrade, like potions. For example, finishing Mooshu would allow you to have 8 spells in one hand.

Ryan Thunderhead, Level 72 Wizard

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Chris Pearlbane on May 22, 2016 wrote:
I think after shadow its now time to launch some new school spells
Spells of Time and Space

Time: the time school spells could be something like a spell which allows you to slow down the time for everyone else and thus making you able to pick two more spells the same round where on the other hand your opponent gets to pick only one.

Space: space spells could be utility spells which increase number of copies of a particular spell (upto a limit) or increse the number of spells that show up the next round ( for example currently seventh spells show each round, using a space spell increases this number to ten spells for the next round).

I think this will be really interesting addition to game. Looking for a positive respone......
Time seems really op, I could combo a fire beetle and an ffa the same round and that would hurt a lot!

Space seems unnecessary and op in some cases because I could overdraw on tc's and find everything I need to kill instead of having to wait.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I disagree with the Time school idea and here is why:

1) It is not fair that you can attack two times every turn. If you have 6 power pips and two shadow pips, you could use any 6 pip, 1 shadow pip spell twice in one round and pretty much automatically kill the enemies. Also blading twice in one turn isn't fair because you can attack way more often than anyone else.

2) What do you mean by "slowing everyone else down"? If you mean basically stunning them, it is not fair to do all the time. If it was made like a five or six pip spell i would understand, and it would be fair, but if slowing everyone down occurred almost every round, it would make combat really unfair.

Time school in my opinion should only consist of spells that damage over time. Here are my examples:

0 pip- Time blade: +40% to next time spell
0 pip- Time Trap: +30% to next time spell
1 pip- Time Feint: +30% on target and +40% for three rounds following
1 pip- Time Change: 60 damage and 30 damage over 3 rounds
2 pip- Time Ripple: 50 damage and 140 over 2 rounds
3 pip- Gravity Wave: 180 damage and 80 over 2 rounds
3 pip- Time Restore: 300 health and 50 over 2 rounds
4 pip- Gravity Beam: 225 damage to all enemies and 150 over 4 rounds
5 pip- Gravity Shift: 400 damage and 75 over 2 rounds
6 pip- Gravity Pulse: 615 to all enemies over 3 rounds
7 pip- Gravity Restore: 1200 health and 300 health over 2 rounds
8 pip- Atomic Clock: 2000 to random enemy and -20% on random enemy but 700 to self
9 pip- Atomic Wave: 700 to all enemies and 225 over 3 rounds
10 pip- Atomic Bend: 400 health and 1200 damage over three rounds to all enemies
6 pip/1 shadow pip- Ultra Atomic Wave: 555, 777, 999, or 1211 to all enemies over 2 rounds
7 pip/ 1 shadow pip- Atomic Restore: 1800 to self over 4 rounds +20% to next spell and 650 to all enemies

If there ever was a time school I personally think that it would need these specific qualities that I have listed above. By the way, I did realize I filled the entire page with my post.