Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Pet Pavilion Vendor

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hello,

I don't like to train my pets. Sooooo... why don't we have a vendor in the Pet Pavilion (it could be a new one or the current guy that will refill your Energy (I forgot his name) ) that will train your pets for you? You could load him up with Energy (some or all) and Pet Snacks and he would do it for you. As an incentive maybe during the training he only earns 2 points each time instead of the potential 4 (pet snacks would count the same). It would take time to train your pet (roughly the same as if you were to train it yourself) but you could be off questing instead of having to train. What do you guys think of an addition like that?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Interesting...but I think it would cost crowns, considering that's a way of cheating.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
exp613 on May 21, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

I don't like to train my pets. Sooooo... why don't we have a vendor in the Pet Pavilion (it could be a new one or the current guy that will refill your Energy (I forgot his name) ) that will train your pets for you? You could load him up with Energy (some or all) and Pet Snacks and he would do it for you. As an incentive maybe during the training he only earns 2 points each time instead of the potential 4 (pet snacks would count the same). It would take time to train your pet (roughly the same as if you were to train it yourself) but you could be off questing instead of having to train. What do you guys think of an addition like that?
So many players are hardwired for faster results.

Is it cheating to feed pets all your gear and mega snacks, and speed through pet games to access pet snacks faster?
is it wrong to grow plants and fight certain bosses or dungeons over and over again to gain access to mega pet snacks; instead of buying mega snack packs from the crown shop?

I've put in many, many hours over the years getting many pets up to mega. I don't mind putting in time to train pets; and do everything in the process along the way. This being said, I also appreciate having the option to train pets quicker; and I'm willing to pay crowns when this helps!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Fable Finder on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
Interesting...but I think it would cost crowns, considering that's a way of cheating.
It's not cheating if everybody has the exact same chance

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hmm, I don't really see it as "cheating" so I disagree with that it should cost crowns. (at least if it functioned how I originally saw it) The "cost" with using this guy would be that he didn't give as much experience as if you had done it yourself. If you want to incorporate a crowns cost, I see that maybe being some sort of talent preview.

Also for me, it's not about the time. I said that it would take the same amount of time as regular training. I just do not like any of the Pet minigames. I just don't enjoy them. I know there are those that do, but they just are not for me.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I'd opt for skipping the games but still pay the energy. Get no boost like the games give, only the benefit of the snack you feed the pet.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I like the idea because training my pet takes forever and I up to epic now and I need 2000 exp to level it to mega which then will be 4000 exp. I personally think training your pet takes way to long. First you get in about 100 exp from using all your pet energy. Then I have to wait 575 minutes for it to refill. KI that is not fair! When my companions die in Pirate101, because I am level 65, and my companions are around 62 each, I have to wait another 6 hours for them to revive or spend anywhere from 14000-20000 gold to instantly heal them. Same thing in either game.

Now, if there were some vendor who automatically leveled up your pet, it should be as followed:

500 gold = 1 exp so 350000 gold = 700 exp

or

200 crowns = 2 exp so 60000 crowns = 600 exp

Obviously the crowns are cheaper and give more, but the gold is easier to get. At level 110 you can easily farm some bosses then sell the gear for probably 2000-6000 a piece or even more!

*Level 71
*Level 5

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
dayerider on Jun 6, 2016 wrote:
It's not cheating if everybody has the exact same chance
Like Dayerider said, its not cheating if everybody was given the same opportunity and it would be a great idea since I or anybody else doesn't have the time to train their pets.

Alejandro

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Lol then what is the point of training your pet with minigames and what is the point of hard working for an op pet?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
DevinSkullStone on Jun 7, 2016 wrote:
Lol then what is the point of training your pet with minigames and what is the point of hard working for an op pet?
The Minigames will still exist and by using them you would technically get more experience by playing the game. This vendor would just consume the energy and let you feed a pet snack. It is just an idea for an alternative for those that do not wish to play the minigames. You would still have to invest a lot of gold/energy/crowns or whatever to get your perfect "OP" pet.