Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow enhanced / NO Pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 24, 2009
In this day in age people take too much advantage of these spells. It makes no sense why spells like these are pvp and can one shot any and if your opponents are first you basically won. For explain Fire has almost everything to win and it seems nearly impossible to beat them from first because one ffa with 42 pierce does about 3000 no blades and it buffs next 3 turns? So in term 1 or 2 hits from this spell is a auto gg? When do the person going second have time to counter? They don't. Pvp is completely unbalanced and then made it easier to land on someone no matter what the critical percent or rating. Pvp is so unbalanced that people are spent a full 6 hours in jade or more in one match just to run their opponents out of cards. The only thing that can help that is make reshuffle reusable again

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I do not like PVP. I'm not very good at it. I understand that there are these people who do like PVP and do enjoy it. Weird right? That being said, I don't think that you should ban Shadow Spells. While adjustments may be needed I don't think that this is the answer. Maybe consider doing a tournament in Classic with no TC or Pets and things. Maybe also they will add a PVP option with Dampen Magic reinstated in the future?

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
wakaflame201 on May 20, 2016 wrote:
In this day in age people take too much advantage of these spells. It makes no sense why spells like these are pvp and can one shot any and if your opponents are first you basically won. For explain Fire has almost everything to win and it seems nearly impossible to beat them from first because one ffa with 42 pierce does about 3000 no blades and it buffs next 3 turns? So in term 1 or 2 hits from this spell is a auto gg? When do the person going second have time to counter? They don't. Pvp is completely unbalanced and then made it easier to land on someone no matter what the critical percent or rating. Pvp is so unbalanced that people are spent a full 6 hours in jade or more in one match just to run their opponents out of cards. The only thing that can help that is make reshuffle reusable again
Lots of fixes need to be addressed with pvp including 1) jade, 2) juju, 3) first turn advantage, 4) health advantage, 5) Loremaster, 6) lore spells in general for schools that don't have good ones, 7) shadow enhanced spells, 8) dispels. In my opinion, if kingsisle fixes all of these things somehow, I would be happy to return to pvp.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Adam Wintersinger on May 21, 2016 wrote:
Lots of fixes need to be addressed with pvp including 1) jade, 2) juju, 3) first turn advantage, 4) health advantage, 5) Loremaster, 6) lore spells in general for schools that don't have good ones, 7) shadow enhanced spells, 8) dispels. In my opinion, if kingsisle fixes all of these things somehow, I would be happy to return to pvp.
I agree with you completely.... First turn is more an advantage now because of these shadow enhanced spells. Also I feel like juju should be at least 5 pips but moon school it would kill jade juju spammers though making the spell more useful while offensive.

Lore needs at least 5 pips because it makes no senses why its less pips than samoorai.
Burning Rampage needs to be nerfed completely. Fire beetles should be 3 pips or shouldn't have a stack. Dispels are needed in pve. I can go on all day but trying to keep it short

Survivor
Aug 17, 2012
I'd rather see the damage on the spells be decreased than see them be removed altogether. It would be a shame to see those interesting spell effects go to waste.